Picking Up Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking Up Trailer

My trailer is almost done. It has been a long road to get to this point.

How many of you traveled to pick up your trailer?
    My plan is to fly to the location where the trailer is located and pull the trailer back.
    What Truck rental company I should go with that has a Hitch on the back of the truck for one way rental that doesn't cost a fortune?

The other option is have the trailer shipped. I haven't decided yet.

Any tips or suggestions appreciated. I cannot wait to get my business launched. Its been 6 months in the planning process.
    Grooming Business in a Box and Jody Murphy Mobile groom books has helped me prepare and so has this site. Tons and Tons of research.

I would like to see it in person as to go over any issues so they can be resolved right then and there. Then towing it back can be a good way to feel out towing a trailer if you don't have experience doing it.

Comment

Its being built as I type this and will be ready this week. I'm flying there this Thursday to check out the finish product.
      I have a desire to hitch it up and take it home right then and there and save some coin on shipping. Then again I do not want to make the 1100 mile drive.

Agree I want to see it in person before I make the last payment.

Thanks Tom

Comment

I have know problem towing trailers. I own and 32 Travel trailer and the grooming trailer will be a piece a cake to tow.
        Now training my groomer to tow is a different story.

Comment

Excited for you.

Comment

So excited for you. I recently did an out of state purchase of a van. It won't come without some stress but take everything one step at a time. Once you get there all you'll want to do is leave with it. Lyft will be your best friend if you aren't renting the truck as soon as you get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I flew out and looked at a used Wags trailer... Liked it and purchased. Like you it is 1100 miles away. I posted on Uship, and got a couple of bids. I ended early when one bid came in at 775.00, probably would have went lower, but I like the look of the person/company who bid and accepted there offer to pick up and deliver the trailer. Just thought I would add a resource for picking up a trailer or rig. "Uship".

Comment

I paid $1 per mile to have my trailer brought to me. Over Paid Perhaps but It got the job done.

Comment

This is my second trailer.. First was shipped and no problems.. But this time I wanted to go there so we drove the thousand miles.. Found a nice rental house, did a mini vaca and got to really check everything out before I bought it. Then we hauled it home. You'd have to make sure to ask the trailer company what kind of hitch etc you need to have on the rental to tow it home with and make sure the rental comes with it.. And of course know how much the trailer weighs and what your rentals towing capacity is.. And preferably would assume electric breaks would be in the rentals tow package.. Youll need those.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by loving1stouch View Post
                    This is my second trailer.. First was shipped and no problems.. But this time I wanted to go there so we drove the thousand miles.. Found a nice rental house, did a mini vaca and got to really check everything out before I bought it. Then we hauled it home. You'd have to make sure to ask the trailer company what kind of hitch etc you need to have on the rental to tow it home with and make sure the rental comes with it.. And of course know how much the trailer weighs and what your rentals towing capacity is.. And preferably would assume electric breaks would be in the rentals tow package.. Youll need those.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
                    Smart plan, if only I could pick mine up in Hawaii.

Comment

Working...
                    X