Woops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woops

Poor hubs, he went to work today and he forgot to plug the inverter into the generator. So here he was running the generator all day and wasn't even using the power. He drained his two batteries completely. Oy vey.

He'll work out the bugs. After we built our last van, we had to work out kinks with the inverter and gen combo. Wasn't the gen powering the dryer and AC?

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
      Poor hubs, he went to work today and he forgot to plug the inverter into the generator. So here he was running the generator all day and wasn't even using the power. He drained his two batteries completely. Oy vey.
      I hate when that happens.

UD

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
        He'll work out the bugs. After we built our last van, we had to work out kinks with the inverter and gen combo. Wasn't the gen powering the dryer and AC?
        The A/C is plugged in to the generator directly, but everything else is not. I'm not exactly sure how he wired it up, but it sounds like it's all running through the inverter.

He was whining last night, and I was like dude, I went through the same growing pains with the van. When I started my vacuum was sitting on the floor in my passenger front seat and I had to lean over to turn it on. Oh yea, and when we pulled up to our first stop (four dogs so we took both vehicles) he was pouring water out of the trailer. Forgot to close the water valve.

I have to say though, it stays quite a bit cooler in the trailer than my van (without A/C). I'm not sure if it's the bigger space, the windows adding ventilation, or the insulation is better. It stayed about five degrees cooler than my van. We were 90 yesterday and it was only 83 in the trailer. My van was at 87 without A/C on.

I seriously want a rebuild of my van now. He did such a beautiful job on the trailer. I'm jealous.

Another thing there was an issue with yesterday, but only once we got home and he was cleaning up, the water pump wouldn't pump water. It turned on, but nothing came out. He lowered it down and then it started pumping. Are the D/C water pumps not made to pull water? Do they need to be at the same level as the tanks?

Comment

Working...
        X