Booking services for mobilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booking services for mobilers

I have seen companies come and go that offer appointment scheduling for mobile groomers so they don't have to do that after work or during the day. Why doesn't it work out? Just curious.

Because scheduling your clients is very personal........You need to know first hand the dog's nature (nervous and hyper vs calm) and usual coat condition (wire hair vs fine flyaway matting hair) , their wiliness to be groomed, how long it usually takes to groom the dog, distance between the next groom, if the owner is at home (usually takes longer than when no one is at home). These are things that the groomer only knows, not some one sitting behind a desk scheduling appointments. Just because two dogs are the same breed, doesn't mean that they take the exact same time to be groomed.

Happy scheduling yourself

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

[url]www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
      Because scheduling your clients is very personal........You need to know first hand the dog's nature (nervous and hyper vs calm) and usual coat condition (wire hair vs fine flyaway matting hair) , their wiliness to be groomed, how long it usually takes to groom the dog, distance between the next groom, if the owner is at home (usually takes longer than when no one is at home). These are things that the groomer only knows, not some one sitting behind a desk scheduling appointments. Just because two dogs are the same breed, doesn't mean that they take the exact same time to be groomed.

Happy scheduling yourself

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

[url]www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
      Ditto

Comment

True for the most part. We use hour and half hour time blocks and allow X amount of time for a certain size dog, plus driving time. We seldom have a problem with this method. Like a Yorkie full groom we allow 1 hour, good dog or bad dog, then 30 minutes drive time. 2 Yorkies is we modify the time down from 2 hours to 1:45. Multiples in many cases can be shorter. Some groomers take 2 small dogs in the bath together, dry them 1 after each other, etc.

If a new hire groomer cannot keep to our groom schedule, they are not experienced enough to be a mobile groomer. We had a lady who worked on a Cocker 4 hours. We allow 1:30. We had to let her go. They have to do at least $350 day in service minimum or 6 grooms plus.

Comment

I know one that tried to do for salons as well and it was just problematic especially with new customers.

Comment

As Dolly said.. I need to talk to the client personally. Not have surprises waiting for me.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Comment

Mobile or shop, in house scheduling gives me a lot more security I know what to expect.

Comment

Working...
              X