help I feel like I can't see. I'm mobile we have LED lights in van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help I feel like I can't see. I'm mobile we have LED lights in van

And white walls behind the dog. Sometimes I feel like I'm going blind and missing alot of sticky out ties on some dogs. White dogs are especially harder to see. And I have gotten my eyesight checked and it was fine. We have alot of windows in the van for natural lightning.

Have a similar issue but reduced it somewhat by putting a mirror up behind my table. It not only allows me to see the dog from different angles but helped with the lighting issues ( somewhat).
    Even after s couple years at this I still need to put the dogs up or on the floor to let the 'fur fall as it will' and the see where I still need to touch up.

Comment

At the end of all dogs white especially I spray with cologne and let shake. then I go back and scissor or trim any hair that sticks out.

Comment

I wonder what they are using then in LEDs. We bought some new LED lights pretty small for our home, and they are little cubes and so bright YOU HAVE TO BUY DIMMERS, I mean blazing and tiny.

Comment

Do you have mirrors? I'm mobile too and I found stick on, acrylic squares on Amazon. They aren't high quality like a real mirror but they do reflect light and I can see the dogs much better. They don't have great reviews but they worked great for me. No issues with them not sticking. And for some reason, the dogs like to look at themselves in the mirrors while I groom them. http://smile.amazon.com/Alrens-15x15...rch_detailpage

Click image for larger version

Name:	Louie in the mirror.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1122285Click image for larger version

Name:	Juicy by the mirror.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1122284

Comment

Op, try hanging a dark towel (so material of some sort ) behind white dogs so you are not looking at white on white. Just use a cheap curtain rod mounted to your wall.
            Linda, the new LEDs are super bright so I can definitely see using a dimmer in the house with them. I am actually beginning to wonder if that bright LED light is good for us to sit under all day....skin cancer comes to mind.
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

[QUOTE=BDL;686276]Do you have mirrors? I'm mobile too and I found stick on, acrylic squares on Amazon. They aren't high quality like a real mirror but they do reflect light and I can see the dogs much better. They don't have great reviews but they worked great for me. No issues with them not sticking. And for some reason, the dogs like to look at themselves in the mirrors while I groom them. http://smile.amazon.com/Alrens-15x15...rch_detailpage

I have some real mirror hogs as well. Mostly my males will look at themselves in the mirror. Have one shih who looks in when I say finished and wage a tail if good. Once left a bit uneven and he didn't wag tail until I fixed it. Weird.

Comment

Try putting on sunglasses and no I'm not being sarcastic. They can really define what you are looking at.

Comment

Working...
                X