super sudser drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super sudser drain

hi, I have a WNT pro. I do not use the super sudser or the super sudser drain. I keep the s sudser drain closed. I do occasionally run vinegar through the lines.
    I use the vacuum to suck the standing water from the strainer end of day.
    I worked for a mobile groomer once, and they had all the drains open, and no strainers.
    Question? Should I leave the drain open? and.... are the two drains connected to the grey water?

The 2 drains are connected to the grey tank. The strainer baskets are there for a reason, to catch the hair so it doesn't clog the drain. If you remove the baskets, you will have to pick out hair with a hemostat because the hair gets wrapped around the smaller openings at the bottom of the drain where your fingers may not reach.

You are missing out on a wonderful way of bathing by not using your sudser. It saves shampoo and water and gets dogs cleaner. You are doing it right by running vinegar through the system and removing water. You can go to Home Depot and get a drain cap that really seals it off instead of the basket which allows more water to pool in the drain basket. It's either a black plastic or chrome kitchen size garbage disposal cap you can use.

Comment

Why, oh why, are you NOT USING YOUR SUPER SUDSER ???? You can cut your bathing time in half, get the dog cleaner, and use 2/3 less water for each dog. Please rethink your reason for not using it.

The strainer is there for a purpose......to stain hair from the drain. Even with the strainer in place, I still have to clean out the metal trap with a hemostat about once a month. Please use your strainer at all times.

The Super Sudser drain is connected to the waste drain

Why, oh why, are you using a vacuum to suck out water in the drain ??.....just turn on the Super Sudser for a minute and it will suck the water down the drain.

Happy relearning mobile grooming.....the easy and correct way

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Dolly, the sudser drain is not connected to the waste tank. It's a closed loop system. From the sudser drain, the water goes through a 1/2 inch flexible pex pipe to the sudser filter and pump, then returns to the top left hand side of the tub through the hose and nozzle. So if you do not use the sudser the water sits in the closed system and starts to smell rancid. It must be flushed through, especially in warm weather.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
          Dolly, the sudser drain is not connected to the waste tank. It's a closed loop system. From the sudser drain, the water goes through a 1/2 inch flexible pex pipe to the sudser filter and pump, then returns to the top left hand side of the tub through the hose and nozzle. So if you do not use the sudser the water sits in the closed system and starts to smell rancid. It must be flushed through, especially in warm weather.
          I stand corrected.....you are absolutely correct and I know better !!

Happy drinking too much whisky

Comment

I know you knew better. You have been doing this a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
              I stand corrected.....you are absolutely correct and I know better !!

Happy drinking too much whisky

Whiskey? I like it aged well, like me, and just a bit here and there. 20 years plus.

Comment

Hello Again
                I don't understand how the Super Sudser gets the dogs cleaner? or is Faster??
                I do understand the part about saving on water and soap.
                I own my WNT pro. I only groom part time, and have Not seen the super sudser in use yet by anyone that uses it. Maybe I search YouTube on its use??
                Thank you for all your help and education. cheers

Comment

Understand now. Thank you. for all your help and advice.

Comment

Not sure the sudser ALWAYS saves time and water on smaller animals.

Especially WGTs implementation of it.

With their implementation you need a good amount of standing water in sth tub and even more if you are leaning the wrong way.

Other designs have a recessed area where the pump sits and this tends to reduce the standing water needed in the tub.

Im coming around to the prima methodology - but its not without it's own issues.

Good luck and good grooming!

UD
                    Teknopet

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post
                      Not sure the sudser ALWAYS saves time and water on smaller animals.

Especially WGTs implementation of it.

With their implementation you need a good amount of standing water in sth tub and even more if you are leaning the wrong way.

Other designs have a recessed area where the pump sits and this tends to reduce the standing water needed in the tub.

Im coming around to the prima methodology - but its not without it's own issues.

Good luck and good grooming!

UD
                      Teknopet
                      Don't leave us hanging UD, what are the prima issues as well? Are those issues true in a shop, or just for mobile use?

Comment

Originally posted by 123Linda View Post
                        Don't leave us hanging UD, what are the prima issues as well? Are those issues true in a shop, or just for mobile use?
                        Probably both - mobile is always more difficult due to space concerns.

The prima requires a 5 gallon premix daily and you need to add that step to your regimen-

if mobile - you then need to find a place to put the premix, and mount the secondary soap wand.

Then you have another pumping subsystem to worry about, and there is still waste - but not as much.

Still even with these downsides - the groomer (in my case my wife who is a very very difficult borderline impossible sell) sees lots of upside and material savings, as well as superior results.

Not for nothing Scruggs seem to find merit in it as well.

UD

Comment

I have the Cosmos system in 2 of my vans. It's a 5 gallon stainless tank that holds premixed shampoo that's pressurized by a small air pump and has a small hose with trigger to spray shampoo on the animal in the tub. It's a supplement to the sudser system. We use the Cosmos for small dogs and the tank lasts about a week.

Comment

Working...
                          X