Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Mobile Groomers & their Podenco Cause

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1..._hunting_dogs/

CAMPAIGNERS call it Spain's "secret shame", and now a Scottish dog groomer who has spent the past two years rescuing dozens of the country's maltreated hunting dogs is calling on animal lovers here to back efforts to end the cruelty.

Irene Allan and her husband, Steve, ran a mobile dog grooming business in Lanarkshire for 30 years before trading it in in 2009 to seek a more relaxing lifestyle in south-east Spain.

But seven years later the animal loving couple from Glenmavis, near Airdrie, is now at the forefront of the fight to protect Spain's most neglected canine, the podenco, and Mrs Allan is bringing the message back to Scotland with a rally in Glasgow on May 1.............
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

I didn' t know that background, don't even like the bullfights.

Comment

my sister in law recently told me about this breed and what is done with these poor dogs. Just awful. Glad to see there is more awareness being raised.

Comment

I didn't realize either, thanks to these people for helping.

Comment

Sending love and light to these groomers helping these great dogs.

Comment

Working...
          X