Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Groomer Driven to do a Better Job

http://news.keepmecurrent.com/gray-b...obile-pet-spa/

Last month, Darleen LaFontaine debuted her new business, Pixie Willow’s Mobile Pet Spa.

A local dog lover and trained pet groomer has found her perfect job, surprisingly, in a trailer.

Darleen LaFontaine of Gray started Pixie Willow’s Mobile Pet Spa, a truck-based pet-grooming business, in mid-April. A custom-made trailer, complete with a shower and grooming station, allows her to drive to customers’ homes to give their pets the royal treatment.

“I’ve seen a lot of people who have problems with salons,” LaFontaine said, “because clients have to schedule an appointment, cart their dog to it, and then their dog waits in a kennel for hours. I can breeze up and be done in one to two hours.”

LaFontaine is no stranger to the pet-grooming business. The proud owner of Australian shepherds, long-haired herding dogs similar to border collies, she started grooming out of necessity.

She received more than 500 hours of training at A+ Groomers in New Gloucester. She worked as a groomer at Gray Doggie Cottage, a day care and salon for dogs, where she met Janet Macomber, now one of her regular customers.

Macomber, a New Gloucester resident, said LaFontaine is “my favorite person I’ve had work on Murphy,” her Labradoodle...................
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.
Working...
X