Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haligonian takes pet grooming salon on wheels to Dragons’ Den

http://thechronicleherald.ca/busines...s%E2%80%99-den

A mobile pet grooming salon has hit the road, from Halifax to Toronto, to take the stage in front of the judges of CBC’s Dragons’ Den Thursday.

Kelsey Johnston, founder of All 4 Paws Pet Services, has been running her fully-equipped, pet grooming salon on wheels for over a year. The conveinence of the service has created a demand that surpasses the time and energy of just one person. "Doing it all by myself is very challenging," she admits.

Johnston applied for the local Dragons Den auditions earlier this year and was asked to come pitch her business model to the national judges.

"I’m so honoured and excited to stand in front of the platform that these people (represent)," she said.

The grooming truck comes equipped with heat, hot water, and all grooming and styling tools. All that's required from the pet owner is a place for Johnston to park her truck, named Chuck. “I spend a lot of time with him so he needed a name.”

Booking a visit from Chuck the truck has to be done at least two months in advance. She has a cancellation list roughly 20 people deep. She is averaging 10 to 12-hour days from Monday to Friday..............
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

One successful groomer, but long hours.

Comment

Working...
    X