Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Van Vandalized - $3,000 Reward - Florida

http://www.wsvn.com/story/31800940/s...g-grooming-van

SUNRISE, Fla. (WSVN) -- An investigation is underway after surveillance captured a man slashing all four tires on a South Florida business van.

The owner of BOSS The Pet Connection, Enrique Fernandez, arrived to work, Saturday morning, to find his van vandalized. "We came in in the morning to start business like always," said Fernandez.

Workers noticed the tires were slashed overnight along North University Drive. "As I got out the car, I noticed there were multiple stab wounds to the tire," said dog groomer Kennie Chappell. "I noticed one here, and one towards the back."

Fernandez searched for clues in an attempt to identify who slashed his van's tires. "The first thing we did was look at the surveillance video," said Fernandez.

The crime was done in under twenty seconds, and the slasher's face is covered. "For somebody to come in and do all four of them, I thought it was pretty evil," Fernandez said.

All of this on what Chappell said is one of their busiest days.

The tires have been replaced and Sunrise police have taken a report. "We just want to get to the bottom of this because it's been happening multiple times in this area," Chappell said.

If you have any information on this crime, call Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a $3,000 reward.
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Maybe a competitor? That's usually the way TV portrays these scenarios. I rent a warehouse to house my vans. It not only provides security against theft and vandalism, but allows me to have shelter to work, store items and tools, have a washer and dryer and climate controlled. $3000 is way more than a new set of tires is. I don't get that.

Comment

Yeah........I just had all of my tires replaced and it cost only $700......maybe they included the loss of earnings that day, which most likely will be made up throughout the week.

The older I get, the less I understand people.......how stupid people are when they do something like this. The problem is, he got a way with it, and will continue "getting his thrill" with other innocent victims.

Happy growing up

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Lost earnings? Maybe a half day. What's that? Another couple few hundred. I think the $3000 reward is the desperation and the need to know who did it and maybe a civil lawsuit to be rewarded even more money, especially if it's found out it was a fellow competitor. Why else would all 4 tires be slashed if not to "stop" this van from working. Very immature and amateur and only a small stumbling block. I'm sure this van was back working the next day.

Comment

You could be right, what lousy groomer if this was sabotage.

Comment

How terrible if another groomer did this.

Comment

I saw a mobile van with spray paint type graffiti on it. Sad. It had a wrap. I was curious if wraps can be cleaned of spray paint or do you need a new wrap? Whoever you are out there, sorry this happened to you.

Comment

Originally posted by 10muddypaws View Post
                I saw a mobile van with spray paint type graffiti on it. Sad. It had a wrap. I was curious if wraps can be cleaned of spray paint or do you need a new wrap? Whoever you are out there, sorry this happened to you.
                Good question, maybe UD knows. I saw a groomer whose wrap was scratched on purpose before, no chance of fixing without replacement.

Comment

Working...
                X