Would you travel to pick up trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you travel to pick up trailer

So as I'm researching trailer manufactures I was thinking how am I going to get the trailer home?

I'm trying to decide if I should rent a truck and go pick it up myself or have it shipped.

I would like to see the final product before taking delivery so I'm really thinking about picking it up.

So those that ordered their trailer new did you pick it up or have it delivered?

Picked it up. Mine was a day's drive away, so it was an overnight trip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the comment Tawanda. I have a Ford 250 I could use but I rather fly in, Rent a U haul truck and drive it back.

Comment

I would want to personally see it and tow it back myself. You have to weigh the costs. Is delivery cost greater than you renting a truck? How do you get there? Fly? Rent a truck and drive both ways? Do you need a hotel room? Fuel cost back and forth?

Comment

For me it was definitely cheaper to pick it up myself. A truck rental from Uhaul was super cheap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Time and money would make the difference for me. The distance would increase both of those real quick too. If you are new to hauling, I think doing that at least on the way back home would be good experience.

Comment

I haul a 32ft travel trailer so driving a mobile grooming trailer would be a walk in the park.

Comment

Working...
              X