Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forbes: 5 Reasons to Start a Business with Spouse (Article Uses Mobile Groomers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forbes: 5 Reasons to Start a Business with Spouse (Article Uses Mobile Groomers)

Made me think of Cockerlvr and hubs......

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nextaven.../#1df51fd47696

If you’re transitioning from full-time employment to retirement but still want to bring in some income, why not consider starting a business with your spouse or life partner?

My wife Sharon and I launched a small service business in our mid-50s, ran it together for over six years and then sold it. For us, working side-by-side was a way to combine co-owning a business with spending time together. It was also a natural way to exit our professional careers in marketing and sales and move on to the next phase of our lives.

Here are five reasons why starting a business with your spouse or partner could work for you:

1. You Can Share A Passion
    If you two like the same things, you might be able to translate them into a viable business idea.

In our case, a shared passion for helping animals turned into a mobile dog-grooming business. Sharon was already a certified groomer. In our business, she groomed dogs in a specially outfitted van we purchased; I ran the business operations and did the marketing.

Maybe you both share an interest in animals, a concern for the environment or something else. Or maybe the two of you like to serve clients to the best of your abilities. Your business is likely to be more successful if you share a passion — as long as you’re sure that what you want to do can be turned into a sustainable business.....................
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Ordering the book

OMG it sounds exactly like us

Comment

Working...
    X