Mileage from tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage from tires

How much mileage do you expect to get from your van tires?

Well.........you dealership/tire dealer will be able to tell you better than us.....since the brand of tire may make a difference. Also, the weight on the back tires of a van is way more than the front tires, so again, the wear and tear will differ. How diligent will you be with making sure that the air pressure is always correct on the tires, on a WGT Pro, the front tires should be 60, back tires at 80 psi. Are you going to rotate your tires at every oil change....you should, because I've had two tires split on the sidewall, on the inside of the tire, so you could not see the split, until the dealership did the rotation. Then there is the weather factor....hot weather takes it toll on rubber faster than mild to colder climates.

I don't worry how many miles I get on a tire......I get them rotated every oil change and when they say...hey, you tires are looking like they are about to cause you trouble, I tell them...."change them all" !!

Happy rotating your tires

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
      Well.........you dealership/tire dealer will be able to tell you better than us.....since the brand of tire may make a difference. Also, the weight on the back tires of a van is way more than the front tires, so again, the wear and tear will differ. How diligent will you be with making sure that the air pressure is always correct on the tires, on a WGT Pro, the front tires should be 60, back tires at 80 psi. Are you going to rotate your tires at every oil change....you should, because I've had two tires split on the sidewall, on the inside of the tire, so you could not see the split, until the dealership did the rotation. Then there is the weather factor....hot weather takes it toll on rubber faster than mild to colder climates.

I don't worry how many miles I get on a tire......I get them rotated every oil change and when they say...hey, you tires are looking like they are about to cause you trouble, I tell them...."change them all" !!

Happy rotating your tires

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
      How many miles between oil changes dolly?

I prefer a dually on a work vehicle for the reason you describe.

General Grabbers on the gasser were good for about 25K and got rotated 4-5X.

We got about 20K out of our first set on the sprinter- but continentals are some of my least favorite tires.

UD

Comment

I just changed the original tires on my Nissan NV at 50,000ish miles. I was told they were still actually fine, but the set on the left side was significantly more worn down that the right, because my batteries are all on the left.

The tire guy said from now on when they rotate to make sure they rotate left to right as well as back to front. Normally they just do back to front.

I will say the tires on my NV are much beefier than the tires on a sprinter.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
          I just changed the original tires on my Nissan NV at 50,000ish miles. I was told they were still actually fine, but the set on the left side was significantly more worn down that the right, because my batteries are all on the left.

The tire guy said from now on when they rotate to make sure they rotate left to right as well as back to front. Normally they just do back to front.

I will say the tires on my NV are much beefier than the tires on a sprinter.
          Beefier - don't know probably more so than the stock junkers - what on an NV size and ply wise? -

You are getting more life for sure than either of my rigs did ! Two big s up for that - tires are brutal.

Im guessing the michelins will go about 40-50K but well see.

Your rigs build is pretty light comparably though which probably contributes a bunch.

If I recall your build has no genset, roof Ac, water heater, propane tank, space heater, or fridge- your extra batt compensate for some of this.
          Is your tank SS ?

UD

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dave View Post
            Beefier - don't know probably more so than the stock junkers - what on an NV size and ply wise? -

You are getting more life for sure than either of my rigs did ! Two big s up for that - tires are brutal.

Im guessing the michelins will go about 40-50K but well see.

Your rigs build is pretty light comparably though which probably contributes a bunch.

If I recall your build has no genset, roof Ac, water heater, propane tank, space heater, or fridge- your extra batt compensate for some of this.
            Is your tank SS ?

UD
            Tank? Or tub? Tub is porcelain/enamel over steel.

And correct none of those things, just 750 pounds of batteries.

Size of my tires LT 24575R17 Don't know about the ply.

Comment

You can dismiss all the specs about tire mileage and rotation when it comes to heavy groom vans especially a Wagn Tails (Pet Pro Van) which blowout rear tires before they wear out no matter what quality tire I use. The front tires usually last longer. I replace rear tires every spring to avoid blowouts now. My lighter vans fare better and I go 2 years before I change them regardless of miles. My newest van, Ram Promaster has 14K miles and the tires look brand new and it's built thousands of pounds lighter than Wagn Tails equivalent Ultra Groom Van. I expect at least another year before new tires. We average 15 to 17K miles per year driving each van.

Comment

Thanks for all the answers, great help.

Comment

After thought here, so if I buy tires with say 40,000 guarantee it probably only applies to passenger vehicles?

Comment

Originally posted by 1mobilegroomer View Post
                    After thought here, so if I buy tires with say 40,000 guarantee it probably only applies to passenger vehicles?
                    That's my question too.

Comment

Commercial use almost always nullifies standard passenger vehicle warranties.

UD

Comment

Working...
                      X