Costa Rica Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costa Rica Business

I am looking to set up a mobile grooming business in Costa Rica. I can find no vans or conversions available here and so am looking to see if anyone has any experience of exporting vans, of any Costa Rican based providers. Any advice appreciated

I would contact the shipping lines to find their pricing....then purchase and ship.

Happy going mobile

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I would suggest a pull trailer instead of a van. Pickup trucks are readily available anywhere in the world and also box trailers can be had for 2000 to 3000 USD. No need to import a converted van which will cost thousands. A trailer conversion can be done locally there and any specialty parts can be ordered online. I imagine parking will not be an issue compared to tight urban cities and if your pickup truck breaks down, you can borrow or rent one and continue business. The converted trailers will basically outlast any van since they have no mechanical parts besides an axle and brakes.

Comment

I am not even mobile but that was my first thought too Tom, trailer. Good sense.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
          I would suggest a pull trailer instead of a van. Pickup trucks are readily available anywhere in the world and also box trailers can be had for 2000 to 3000 USD. No need to import a converted van which will cost thousands. A trailer conversion can be done locally there and any specialty parts can be ordered online. I imagine parking will not be an issue compared to tight urban cities and if your pickup truck breaks down, you can borrow or rent one and continue business. The converted trailers will basically outlast any van since they have no mechanical parts besides an axle and brakes.
          I agree, trailer in this case.

Comment

There are lots of ex pats in Costa Rica. Do many of them have pets?

Comment

I have family that moved there, lots and lots of ex pats. They took 3 dogs.

Comment

Working...
              X