Wag'n Tails Ultra Groom Van 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wag'n Tails Ultra Groom Van 2016

I'm thinking of purchasing a Wag'n' Tails Ultra Groom Van and would like to know if there are others out there who have purchased one and have been happy! It is a huge investment and want to make the right decision! All comments and thoughts are appreciated!

I picked up my Ultra Groom Van in Aug, have been very pleased with the layout of the van. there is a lot of space, I find it roomier than my pet pro. It is lower sitting and only 9"6 which helps stay under some tree branches that I use to have problems with in the pet pro. I went with the inverter option, and it is already paying for itself. I only need to run the genie when I have the dryer on, rest of the time I run everything off the batteries. Have saved money on gas and on genie work(so far have 218 hours since mid aug, I do usually 4-5 dogs a day 5-6 days a week. All my customers think its very cool and like the van style. It is front wheel drive which has been good when getting around in our recent snow fall. I love that everything gets put away in the cabinets that close tight to keep dog hair out, love the slide out door that holds brushes , finishing sprays, and scissors. I really like this van, if you have any questions let me know. was worth the money for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MonyJJ View Post
      I picked up my Ultra Groom Van in Aug, have been very pleased with the layout of the van. there is a lot of space, I find it roomier than my pet pro. It is lower sitting and only 9"6 which helps stay under some tree branches that I use to have problems with in the pet pro. I went with the inverter option, and it is already paying for itself. I only need to run the genie when I have the dryer on, rest of the time I run everything off the batteries. Have saved money on gas and on genie work(so far have 218 hours since mid aug, I do usually 4-5 dogs a day 5-6 days a week. All my customers think its very cool and like the van style. It is front wheel drive which has been good when getting around in our recent snow fall. I love that everything gets put away in the cabinets that close tight to keep dog hair out, love the slide out door that holds brushes , finishing sprays, and scissors. I really like this van, if you have any questions let me know. was worth the money for sure.
      How much was it?

UD

Comment

Depending on the options you go with the price can be higher or lower, for what I wanted total was $85,661. I did have a van I sold and used toward this van which helped.

Comment

I wouldn't mind paying that price not being a beginner but would want to be one of those groomers like my friend who is mobile and gets $90 MINIMUM per groom, she does about $1,000 a day and she has a groomer work for her 1 day a week. Very upscale.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I have decided to take the plunge and purchase it! I was not able to upgrade to the inverter system, but I am glad to hear you are happy with the van. Hopefully gas will stay low like it is now!

Comment

What's incredible is back in 2008 I bought 2 new Pet Pro vans which were Ford E350 extended vans and I loaded up the extras like microwave, fridge, extra dryer, shampoo tank system, camera, extra vent. I paid about 65,000 each. The vans themselves were 28,000 apiece.

Fast forward to now. A new Promaster 2500 long wheelbase van is about 30,000. Not much more that the Ford was 8 years ago. But the van conversion is up close to 20,000 more for the build and with less options like no fridge, microwave and Cosmos shampoo system. Now you can pay well above 80,000 for basically the same conversion, different van.

My suggestion to Wagn Tails, build a budget friendly van with less bells and whistles, basically bare bones and functional and sell it for under 50,000. You can do the conversion for well under 20,000 including parts and labor. You guys are pricing out middle class groomers and basically giving them a mortgage with a 100,000 van.

Comment

I am glad to hear that your getting the van, even without the inverter I think it will still work very well for you. I hope gas stays cheap for awhile too, just keep your routes tight and price correctly and you will still do well. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by 10muddypaws View Post
                  I wouldn't mind paying that price not being a beginner but would want to be one of those groomers like my friend who is mobile and gets $90 MINIMUM per groom, she does about $1,000 a day and she has a groomer work for her 1 day a week. Very upscale.
                  $1,000 A DAY?! Thats impressive.

Comment

$1000 per day is doable, but not very easily done. Our highest single van day was 960. It encompassed several cats which are 90 each and can be done quicker than a 90 dollar dog due to the size difference. But to say 1000 daily is the norm is false even at high prices. That's like 10 dogs at 100 apiece. Doing 10 dogs per day in mobile is tough let alone getting 100 each. We average 65 per groom, not 90.

Our average single van day is 450 to 500 in service. That's a full day's work. On a yearly basis full time grooming a van can do easily 100,000 in service.

Comment

My girlfriend is mobile in upscale northern ca area and averages $122 a groom. Wow is all I can say. She also has very little travel time between grooms, less than 10 minutes based on her weekly route schedule. With tips she is over $1000 a day but only works 4 days up to 10 hours.

Comment

My sister in law makes $750 a mobile.

Comment

Around here mobilers can make around $650 a day in some areas.

Comment

I'm thinking about getting one too!

Comment

Wow, that would be nice, but I live in a small town.

Comment

Working...
                              X