Im in need of a price sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im in need of a price sheet

Im just north of tampa. I need a price sheet for mobile grooming. Im doing jobs to low and the customers are telling me I am. Please help a another groomer

Once again you need to do this yourself. You need to figure out what the prices are in your area, and charge about 20-30 bucks more than the shops. Nobody can give you this information you have to do the foot work yourself to figure this out.

Comment

Prices may vary region by region. I would think your location would get strong prices compared to rural interior.

Our min price single dog stop is $65 including a $20 trip fee I charge for each stop no matter how many dogs. So $20, then each dog has a separate groom price starting at $45. So example 2 maltese stop is 20+45+45. Larger dogs can go 65, 75, 85, 100 or more plus 20 fee. Basically, I base my mobile van on $65 per hour so if my van is at your house 2 hours, expect to pay at least $130 for my time.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
        Prices may vary region by region. I would think your location would get strong prices compared to rural interior.

Our min price single dog stop is $65 including a $20 trip fee I charge for each stop no matter how many dogs. So $20, then each dog has a separate groom price starting at $45. So example 2 maltese stop is 20+45+45. Larger dogs can go 65, 75, 85, 100 or more plus 20 fee. Basically, I base my mobile van on $65 per hour so if my van is at your house 2 hours, expect to pay at least $130 for my time.

I hate to see mobile groomers charge a "trip fee" plus a grooming fee..........because you are loosing $$ when you have multiple dogs in one household. ie: I charge $75 for small dogs, whether bath or full groom.....I have one house that has 4 dogs, each gets the same charge of $75 each = $300. You would only charge $200.

I would suggest to Sassy that you introduce yourself and invite them to lunch/dinner (you paying) to the local mobile groomers in your area, ask them their prices and emphasize that you don't want to undercut anyone's prices. Also ask if there are any areas that need extra coverage and that you are open for referrals.

Happy making new friends

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I wonderful resource for pricing is the petgroomer magazine: http://petgroomermagazine.com/downloads/

You can look up average prices by region, breed and mobile vs shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
            I hate to see mobile groomers charge a "trip fee" plus a grooming fee..........because you are losing $$ when you have multiple dogs in one household. ie: I charge $75 for small dogs, whether bath or full groom.....I have one house that has 4 dogs, each gets the same charge of $75 each = $300. You would only charge $200.

I would suggest to Sassy that you introduce yourself and invite them to lunch/dinner (you paying) to the local mobile groomers in your area, ask them their prices and emphasize that you don't want to undercut anyone's prices. Also ask if there are any areas that need extra coverage and that you are open for referrals.

Happy making new friends

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
            I do this because I have commissioned groomers. This way the trip charge goes directly to my company and the separate price for the groom is what they make commission on. The way you do it is fine for an independent. But I could not get away with your prices. As it is people scoff at a typical $110 2 dog stop. I have to stay competitive as there are over 50 mobile vans in my city along with over 300 shops.

If I paid my groomers 50% without a trip fee, I would not be in business very long. The fee tips the scale and the groomers are happy with 50 to 55% of a groom price. You can't go over 50 bucks in my city for a small dog haircut. You just would not get any business.

Comment

I am in North San Diego Inland County and no one will pay over 60 with trip fee for small dog mobile grooming. On the coast they pay more but not inland it is the same as Tom maybe even a little less. I am an owner operator but I still have to pay for gas which is $2.49 a gal right now and pay for repairs at $75.00 an hour plus parts and make a living to pay personal bills. So figure out your overhead plus profit and what pricing is competitive for your area.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
                You can't go over 50 bucks in my city for a small dog haircut. You just would not get any business.

I have to disagree with that. 'Maybe' you couldn't keep your fleet busy, but a sole, good groomer could probably easily get that. I worked in Vegas close to ten years ago, and we were getting 45 in a shop for a small dog hair cut. I see no reason why mobile shouldn't get that. Are your box stores busy? Cause surely they charge more than 45 for a small dog haircut. Heck my local shop gets 30 bucks here for a groom, and people are willing to pay me nearly double that. I live in an outlying area, where everything is cheaper. Sure I got people that laughed and scoffed when they asked me prices, some saying I would NEVER get any business with those fees, but here I am getting it.

Comment

I charge $75 up to 20lbs. If it's 4 dogs at one home that size I charge about $165. I figure $75 first dogs then $30 per dog after that. I've been mobile for 3 yrs now so I am raising prices for multi dog stops. I try to average $50 an hr

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X