Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile groomers : would you like to open a salon and keep the mobile part ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile groomers : would you like to open a salon and keep the mobile part ?

Do you think that would be advantageous to open a salon when you first had a van and going mobile ?
    But I mean working half time mobile / salon.

Originally posted by Frenchie View Post
    Do you think that would be advantageous to open a salon when you first had a van and going mobile ?
    But I mean working half time mobile / salon.
    if you have $40,000.00+ I think it's better to start storefront salon and then buy mobile down the road, I know some can get financed and downpay $10,000 and start a mobile with that but thats risky without a solid customer base to start with and one hell of a work ethic. either way you can achieve both, either way you start, but I personally think Storefront first

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking but I had a mobile, and bought a salon. I tried to keep up with both and couldn't and sold the mobile. I couldn't see doing both now at all.

Comment

Thats exactly what I ask.
        Sometimes people asks me if I want to open a salon and stay mobile, I was wondering if it was possible to do both.
        But I think 30% of my clients can't drive, 60% thinks that's much easier to have me coming to their house. So I'll be mobile most of time, and gain new clients In a salon (there's 4 or 5 salons in town, only myself mobile, and a few inside clients home most of them are backyard groomer) will be like start over.
        But there's no salon offering cat grooming, or daycare service, or premium quality service like massages or spa but in a rural area I don't know if it will work. Maybe I'll think about getting a salon later.

Comment

Unless you are going to have employees, there is absolutely NO benefit in having both. You will have twice the overhead with the same amount of income.

Comment

I have both. Have a mobile business 8 years and just recently bought a 1800 sf existing shop. I moved one of my mobile employees to the shop and have a separate location for my mobile vans. It's rough right now running both but ultimately, the shop is a "hedge" against problems in mobile that pop up. My shop will chug along when a van goes down and down the road I may sell off the mobile and make my life simple by having the shop only.

Comment

Working...
            X