Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water supply losing pressure

Any ideas why?

Could be many different causes. Can you elaborate?

Comment

Fresh water hose is flowing weak. Used to be stronger. Pump has mineral deposits on the outside. Maybe the inner workings are clogging.

Comment

Also. The motor doesn't stop. I can hear it working more than normal. It used to just pump until the pressure was up then rest even w the switch on. Now it just runs. It must be an air leak in the system. Will check this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by JMarti521 View Post
          Also. The motor doesn't stop. I can hear it working more than normal. It used to just pump until the pressure was up then rest even w the switch on. Now it just runs. It must be an air leak in the system. Will check this weekend.
          check carefully for a water leak - where air leaks so does water.

UD

Comment

You have a leak somewhere and it's putting demand on the pump. That's why its running. If no leak, the pump pressurizes the line and the pump rests until demand is needed. Check fittings and you may want to change the pump. I always keep spare pumps.

Comment

It's coming from the water heater. The tap on the top of the furnace is calcified and leaking. $$$. Hope it isn't major.

Comment

I found the culprit. It's the pressure and temperature relief valve that leaks when the water is turned on. It's that valve on top in the heater section. My repair friend is checking on it. Most likely don't have to replace the whole heater…just the valve.

Comment

Replaced the temperature and pressure valve. It was calcified and pouring / wasting all my water. Cost a whole $50 parts and labor. I'm back to running good as new. Gave my repair guy a $20 tip. He keeps my rig running at decent prices. If you're in SoCal and need repairs or sharpening done, IM me and I'll give you his number.

Comment

Working...
                  X