No announcement yet.

Pics of my home built mobile trailer!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of my home built mobile trailer!!

I just wanted to put these on here for everyone to see. I did so much searching before we decided to do this ourselves, and couldn't really find any information or even photos of people who had done it. At this point electric, insulation, walls, ac, etc are done. Tub is in and all we have left is to install the plumbing, put the final finish on the walls and ceiling, and put down the floor. Hoping to be done by the end of this week!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you keep the back door open when running that AC unit. Depending on what climate you live in, that AC may not be adequate for the size of the trailer. I would have went with a 15000 BTU rooftop unit.

But it's looking good so far.

Comment

looking good...especially that part about chilling with a drink in your new trailer - nice.

Comment

Looks great. We built my trailer as well. Love how you insulated. Going to have to show hubs winter is coming lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Tom... We have vents in the back door of the trailer so the ac can vent... And we are in Florida but that little Ac is really powerful. We tested it out last Sunday and it's still REALLY warm here in Florida and it cooled it right down!

Comment

Dave... That's actually my father in law. We took a break and plugged the ac in! Felt great in there!

Comment

It looks wonderful, great job. I wish you the best!

Comment

So are we correct in thinking Hot Pink is your color, lol?
                Wishing you the best!!!!!
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I noticed you put the insulation in backwards. The foil side should be facing the outside wall of trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
                    I noticed you put the insulation in backwards. The foil side should be facing the outside wall of trailer.
                    The manufacturer says: "On interior applications, R-Matte Plus-3 may be installed with either side facing the interior." There might have been a slight benefit from facing the foil to the dead air between the studs but this isn't a home where you're heating 2000sf+ of living area.

Andromedaslove: I love your trailer!! It's wonderful that you are building this yourself. Good job and please post pictures when you are finished.

Comment

Originally posted by BDL View Post
                      The manufacturer says: "On interior applications, R-Matte Plus-3 may be installed with either side facing the interior." There might have been a slight benefit from facing the foil to the dead air between the studs but this isn't a home where you're heating 2000sf+ of living area.

Andromedaslove: I love your trailer!! It's wonderful that you are building this yourself. Good job and please post pictures when you are finished.
                      I strongly disagree. I work with someone who has been doing this for 30+ years, builds RVs, ambulances, groom vans. We had this discussion and against a metal exterior wall, you want the foil toward it. In fact, this insulation is not adequate for a Florida climate. It needs a regular R30 in the walls with studs to keep this trailer sowewhat cool in direct sun. Theis foam insulation is fine for the roof due to limited clearances.

What this builder fails to understand is you will not be sitting watching TV in there, you will be working, exerting yourself, blowing hot air on dogs, creating humidity with all the water being blown off the coat. This AC is underpowered for a mobile grooming environment when you factor increased air temps due to the dryer and increased humidity, add your own body heat and stress wrestling with a big dog and you can see it will be a hot box in there.

I'm in the desert and we have to overcompensate for the heat. I run 15K BTU rooftop units and on a hot summer day, it barely keeps the well insulated van cool to work.

Also, I'd like to know where the dripping condensation will go since the unit is inside the trailer.

I want to help, not criticize. I have many years experience running and building groom vans.

Comment

We have a tray installed under the ac unit for condensation drip with a hose running outside of the trailer. As much as I would love a roof top ac it's just not something that was in my budget so for now this will have to suffice. Like I said the build out is being done by us with the very little information I could find. As far as the insulation we went by the instructions that said it could face either way.... Again, this trailer isn't meant to last forever. It's what I could afford without taking out a huge loan. Once the money is there I plan to upgrade.

@Cyn, actually my main color is purple but.... I picked this table up at the fun in the sun show in Orlando. I got a really good deal because it was used in the competitions. So we added pink to my design! Here's the rough version! The three dogs are my personal schnauzer, lab, and hound!

Comment

Sorry, but I could never groom in your trailer because I see NO WINDOWS.........I need to glance out, it picks up my spirits to see natural light, plus helps lighten up the interior.

Also......why didn't you purchase a SS grooming tub that already has a backdrop and sides, with built in eye hooks ? It may be a little expensive, but they come all inclusive and saves a lot of work in the scheme of things.

Like your logo, and the script...... except I've never seen a gal in a skirt/dress groom...please tell me that she isn't wearing heels !!

Good Luck on your new business.

Happy wearing 3" heels

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by andromedaslove View Post
                            We have a tray installed under the ac unit for condensation drip with a hose running outside of the trailer. As much as I would love a roof top ac it's just not something that was in my budget so for now this will have to suffice. Like I said the build out is being done by us with the very little information I could find. As far as the insulation we went by the instructions that said it could face either way.... Again, this trailer isn't meant to last forever. It's what I could afford without taking out a huge loan. Once the money is there I plan to upgrade.

@Cyn, actually my main color is purple but.... I picked this table up at the fun in the sun show in Orlando. I got a really good deal because it was used in the competitions. So we added pink to my design! Here's the rough version! The three dogs are my personal schnauzer, lab, and hound!

Well I love the hot pink table and it goes very well with your purple. Also love how you incorporated your 3 dogs...looks very nice.
                            As for the ac, Tom is correct...you will need to upgrade when you can. I am not mobile but salon is only 99 Sq ft....my ac is 12,000 btu and in the hottest part of summer, it can be a struggle to keep ME cool when working, dogs seem to do just fine and never hot enough for them to pant.
                            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Looks great, and congrats! I do have to agree with Dolly on the window thing. One salon I worked at was a refinished basement with one little window. I always said it was like working in a dungeon. I need light!
                              As far as working in a skirt goes, I use to have a grooming skirt I loved wearing in the summer months from Groom wear. It was long and flexible and great! Don't they have skorts out there now to wear? If not they should start making them!
                              It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                              Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X