Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My biggest grooming fear was not poodle feet or black nails...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My biggest grooming fear was not poodle feet or black nails...

It was backing up my mobile van and a trailer too. I saw the threads about fears like poodle feet and black nails, but mine was backing up a trailer, even a van. Took me time to work through that one. Even those backup cameras were a bandaid for awhile. Mobile fears!

Tip: pick an empty parking lot (or land if you have it) set up different backing routes with orange cones.....practice makes perfect.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I want to have a mobile unit one day and the backing up and parking is definitely a huge scare!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Comment

My trailer should be done this evening and this is the one thing that terrifies me! We even have a travel trailer and I am almost ALWAYS the one who drives it, but when it comes to backing up.... I jump out and tell my husband it's his turn!!! I've gotta get past this!

Comment

Ladies, follow my above directions. ....I have been hauling livestock for years and the above method is how I learned to back a trlr of any sort or length anywhere it needs to go. Ya'll can do it and will be pros at it soon.
          Last edited by Cyn; 11-10-15, 06:55 PM. Reason: can't spell though, lol

Comment

Agree with Cyn but for different reason.
            My first job in Education was as a mobil counselor for the diocese. Drove a HUGE converted rv to five different schools in the mountains of PA. In winter. In wind.
            And then had to park the monster next to tiny little church schools - close enough to plug into the external outlet (4 ft). I was 20. Had only driven a VW bug prior.
            Practiced doing three point turns in a parking lot and never had a problem. (Note- my boss ripped off the AC units on two vans by driving under bridges and under thick trees and he was much older and s much more experienced driver.)
            Confidence comes with practice - and with pushing yourself past your comfort zone.
            You'll be great.

Comment

Practice practice practice. I've been mobile with a trailer for 3yrs now and I still have trouble sometimes. Just remember with a trailer you go the opposite way while backing up. IE want the trailer to go right tow vehicle has to go left. My bumper has the scars to show that it takes practice. Also with a trailer you only have to make little adjustments with the wheel while going backwards. Slow and steady ;-)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for everyone commenting, I have worked through a lot of it by practice practice in a safe place. If I get nervous I calm myself before proceeding, giggle at my fears, take a couple breaths, settle down, AND JUST DO IT.

Comment

Originally posted by 1mobilegroomer View Post
                  Thanks for everyone commenting, I have worked through a lot of it by practice practice in a safe place. If I get nervous I calm myself before proceeding, giggle at my fears, take a couple breaths, settle down, AND JUST DO IT.
                  Lol, very good.......JUST DO IT!

Comment

I practiced for 2 hours today and just did it. I mean better, like without seeing the worst that could happen. Thanks everyone, gonna practice even more.

Comment

Working...
                    X