Mobile Grooming Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Grooming Questions

Who should I get in contact with to find out if it is legal to park my future van in my driveway? Also, if I can't park it at home, where do I put it? Thanks everyone!

If you have a HOA, start there. If you don't have one, then go to your city zoning department and business licensing department and let them know your plan. Do you have a driveway to accomodate the van? Water and power available?

Comment

Living in Michigan, your winters are pretty brutal, so you will need to plug in overnight to keep from freezing up (ceramic heater in back of van and your propane furnace turned on) Make sure your future van has a winterization system, so you can have antifreeze pushed thru your water pipes every night to prevent freezing. Make sure you will be able to fill up your water tank during the winter. Just remember, most of the outside faucets will freeze up. I'm able to open my cellar doors and have my hose connected to my hot water tank, so I have hot water running into the van. Last year, the pipe that goes between the tank and the intake valve outside of the van froze up (-20 below), so now I just hook up to hot water and melt the ice that accumulated during the day on this small intact pipe. I also store my van in a garage that I had built specifically for it. If you can't park in your driveway, you are going to have a hard time accommodating your van's needs during winter. Good Luck

Happy moving to Florida

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
        If you have a HOA, start there. If you don't have one, then go to your city zoning department and business licensing department and let them know your plan. Do you have a driveway to accomodate the van? Water and power available?
        Right are you in an HOA

Comment

Working...
        X