Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many animals/appointments do you do in a day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many animals/appointments do you do in a day?

Hi guys! The name's Cici, and I'm currently working for a mobile grooming service (absolutely love it, by the way, so much better than a salon to me).

I'm wondering for mobile grooming business up and running, about how many dogs/cats do are you able to normally do in a day? How many appointments do you usually do through?

I'm really curious to find out. I feel like we are doing really well as a company, a groomer's 8-10 hour shift (with assistant) usually can get 6-12 dogs/cats done in a day, averaging about 8. We do have short shifts (5-7 hour shifts) and I think they get anywhere between 4-7 dogs done (depending on size and if there are several 1 dog appointments).

How much time do you usually spend on an appointment? Let's assume it's 1 small dog (0-25lbs) and gets a haircut and bath.

I really would love some referencing points to research, so that I can know if we are terribly slow or average for the mobile grooming industry. Input would be very welcomed!

Thanks guys! Have an awesome day!

I like to do at least 8 a day. A typical day is 8-10. -Multi pet stops can be real nice and save some bones on fuel. It really depends on the breed for time. I do pre- clip on most breeds and can usually finish a Shihtzu in about 45 minutes. I have a Cane Corso that's done in about half an hour, a couple Maltese at same stop in a short clip - a little over an hour.

Petagree Mobile Spa
    www.petagreemobilespa.com

Comment

Thanks for your input! Do you have an assistant to or is it just 1 employee that is able to do all that?
      We just got a new, small van for 1 person shifts, and I tried it out for the first time yesterday. It was kind of lonely, but a lot of fun! I got most of my appointments, with report cards written and check in/out times, done in about an hour to an hour and 15 min.

Comment

Originally posted by CiCi Torres View Post
        Thanks for your input! Do you have an assistant to or is it just 1 employee that is able to do all that?
        We just got a new, small van for 1 person shifts, and I tried it out for the first time yesterday. It was kind of lonely, but a lot of fun! I got most of my appointments, with report cards written and check in/out times, done in about an hour to an hour and 15 min.
        It's just me. I've always worked alone in mobile. I should clarify that 99% of my clients are regulars so there isn't a whole lot of guess work on how long a dog is going to take. I know the dogs, they know me - we get r' done. When I first started in mobile - over 25 years ago I did about 6 a day until I felt comfortable. Sounds like you're doing just fine on your time.

Petagree Mobile Spa
        www.petagreemobilespa.com

Comment

I started out as mobile and I did about 5 to 7 max a day.

Comment

That's good to hear! I'm glad we're doing pretty ok then. We aren't even a year old yet as company (we turn 1 year in November!). We're still getting a lot of new clients, but our regulars don't take us very long at all either.

Comment

5 on a bad day 16 on a good day

Comment

I do 6-7 most days, but really only want to be doing 5. Just me. I usually work from 9-5 take a hour for a lunch break, half hour if it's 7 dogs. I need at least two dogs at one stop to get through that day. I do live in a rural area, where it can take me 30 minutes to get to my appointments in the same town. Most of my clients are fluffy clips so they take me about an hour. I try and throw in a bath dog to speed up my day.

Comment

DW does between 5-7 on average.

UD

Comment

Do any of you work longer hours 4 days a week instead of operating 5 days week.

Comment

Working...
                    X