Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Trailer is ready and I officially start Monday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Trailer is ready and I officially start Monday!

I was here a few months ago and was still playing around with names and had just ordered my trailer. Well its here and its perfect! I've groomed some dogs here and there in it the last 2 weeks as I worked my final time at the vet's office. I'm so excited to start officially on Monday but a little stressed that I only have 11 dogs for the first week booked (spread out over 3 days) but I'm reminding my self to be patient, keep my spirits (and prices, lol) high, and let the business have time to grow. Anyways here's some pictures of the trailer.

Back window of my truck so even when I'm not hooked up, I'm advertising.

Here's a few grooms I have done in the trailer as practice.

Ronda

You win vehicle wrap of the year. It will get lots of attention. Post some interior pics.

Best of luck with your new biz.

Comment

Thank you! I already got flagged down on the freeway by someone who wanted to compliment the wrap and name! Gave me a heart attack that something was wrong when I looked over at a man frantically waving his hands at me and motioning me to roll the window down. lol I'll try and get some good interior shots in the next day or so.

Ronda

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
        You win vehicle wrap of the year. It will get lots of attention. Post some interior pics.

Best of luck with your new biz.
        I was looking for the like button for this! So true! Love the name and the wrap!

Comment

Hey get that website functional! I didn't even know .dog was legit and went to look it up and it's incomplete. No info on it at all

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
            I was looking for the like button for this! So true! Love the name and the wrap!
            The LIKE button appears if you login with facebook connect.
            Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Thank you CokerLvr! My website will hopefully be up on Monday/Tuesday. The person that's doing it is working to get it finished by then! I snagged the .dog fast when I read about them on here!

Comment

Love the name and artwork whole package.
                Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Well...........here comes the negative...........for me the wrap is so busy that it was hard to find the kind of business it is representing....mobile grooming. My eyes first land on the dog in red, then to the boat, then I circle around, my eyes then go up to Sally Wags, then I try to decipher the phone #, which is hard because the # connected together, then I search for what kind of business it is. There is no neutral colors to rest the eyes, only very bright colors. I see nothing in the pix that points to grooming,...maybe having dog in red with scissors in his hand instead of a sword?? Granite, it is a great wrap, but I don't see "mobile grooming", but "children's entertainment" at first glance. That all being said, your area will get used to your wrap and will be easily identified. I think 11 clients the first week is super.....great grooms. Good luck

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Well...........here comes the negative...........for me the wrap is so busy that it was hard to find the kind of business it is representing....mobile grooming. My eyes first land on the dog in red, then to the boat, then I circle around, my eyes then go up to Sally Wags, then I try to decipher the phone #, which is hard because the # connected together, then I search for what kind of business it is. There is no neutral colors to rest the eyes, only very bright colors. I see nothing in the pix that points to grooming,...maybe having dog in red with scissors in his hand instead of a sword?? Granite, it is a great wrap, but I don't see "mobile grooming", but "children's entertainment" at first glance. That all being said, your area will get used to your wrap and will be easily identified. I think 11 clients the first week is super.....great grooms. Good luck

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I love the wrap. I also think 11 dogs the first week is really good. Go gettem!

Comment

I think it is very eye drawing & don't have any trouble reading it is a MOBILE GROOMING TRAILER. It is beautiful and we'll done!
                        Best of luck and let us know how it goes!
                        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Super Cute congrats!

UD

Comment

I love what you've done! Did you design the wrap yourself or did you have help? Can you pm me with an approx cost for your wrap? We are in different parts of the country but I'm looking for a hint on cost. I plan on doing something similar in a few weeks and your trailer has put my ideas in the dirt! My trailer will advertise "Smooches-4-Pooches" with both smooches-4-pooches.com and s4p.dog

GOOD JOB!!!!

Comment

Thank you all for the well wishes and kind words about the wrap! I really wanted it to be different since I live in area where there are quite a few mobile trailers and I wanted to make sure that .... 1. I get noticed and 2. My trailer isn't similar to anyone elses so that when you see me, you aren't reminded "Oh yeah, I should totally call my groomer". So that left some colors completely out....hot pink, purple, lime green, red....I knew that I needed something eye catching but different. I played around with lots of ideas and polled my friends and family and Pirate Dogs won by a landslide. I did change my original name idea...The Scurvy Dog...since I worried it might have a somewhat negative connotation. Scally-Wags was cute sounding and I liked the play on words.

BDL- I had a wrap company help but I basically sat down with him and told him what I wanted. I gave some color choices that I liked and I also told him to stay away from any font that was too cursive as its hard to read or anything that has a "graffiti" look. Originally, I wanted the trailer to look like a pirate ship being towed but it looked too "woody" so he incorporated the scene with the ship in the background. His first concept I didn't care for at all....so I told him exactly what I didn't like and grabbed examples off the internet of what I did. When he came back with this one I was sold! It cost 3,000 for design and installation and included both sides, front, and back. I paid 100 bucks to have my truck window wrapped as well. This is only my first trailer but BDL, go loud and crazy is my opinion. I read all the back threads on here and the consensus it that your trailer is your best advertising. Funny enough, The Smoochie Poochie was also on my list of ideas for names/themes.

I appreciate Dolly's view on not having grooming tools on the trailer but I felt that it looked out of place for the theme on the wrap and if the people read Mobile Pet Salon and still couldn't figure it out then so be it, that was a chance I would take. None of the ideas/themes I had used the typical dog in bathtub or grooming tools pictures worked into the wrap. For The Smoochie Poochie, I wanted it to look like a kissing booth type of deal. Have fun designing your wrap!

Ronda

Comment

Working...
                              X