One Bus - 3 Groomers - 3 Workstations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Bus - 3 Groomers - 3 Workstations

I cannot find the story! But I read one yesterday about a mobile grooming biz that has individual vans, but some days they put 3 groomers on one converted school bus of some sort and visit pet owners with 3 or more pets, or they have scheduled dates to serve gated communities and mobile home parks or apartment complexes with 3 to 15 appointments (1 to 5 per groomer) with all 3 grooming at same time. They do well apparently. On other days they use the individual vans. It didn't mention how they equip the bus to handle the water demand or power etc. Interesting.
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

If you get the system down especially with the customers this could work. The girl I went to school with has a Wagn Tails Elite and she spends the entire day at a few retirement villages every month.

Comment

We have a couple mobile groomers that take 2 persons per stop so I hear. Not sure how they works out if only one pet served at a stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
        I cannot find the story! But I read one yesterday about a mobile grooming biz that has individual vans, but some days they put 3 groomers on one converted school bus of some sort and visit pet owners with 3 or more pets, or they have scheduled dates to serve gated communities and mobile home parks or apartment complexes with 3 to 15 appointments (1 to 5 per groomer) with all 3 grooming at same time. They do well apparently. On other days they use the individual vans. It didn't mention how they equip the bus to handle the water demand or power etc. Interesting.
        Sounds like an expensive vehicle to build thats costly to get from one place to another, as well as not being suited for most spaces in the city.

IF you can keep it busy you are golden but with 15-21 animals per day of capability and 2-3 staff per outing its going to suffer limited bookings.

Cool idea-its going to be hard to get a ROI off the hardware.

UD

Comment

Working...
        X