For Towing Purposes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Towing Purposes

Does anyone know the weights of these vans? Of course they all vary depending on how much water and supplies happen to be aboard during your ill-fated breakdown.
    AAA gives me a hard time towing this beast.

So info for all...
    Does anyone know the weight of the Sprinter, PetPro and Elite? You'll help solve a lot of heartache...Thx

You need to sign up for "AAA Plus RV" coverage. I think it is $155 a year, which is pretty cheap for "peace of mind". Before they had RV coverage, they had to send out 3 different wreckers to be able to change my back tire.........what a 2.5 hour nightmare. Luckily, I was on a quiet cul-de-sac instead on the much traveled interstate.

Happy signing up

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Wow they sent 3! OMG

Comment

Wagn tails pet pro is about 9500 pounds. Changing a tire is not bad if you have the right jack. I did it many times. Problem is van sits on the ground in rear when tire is flat. It's hard to get under the axle.

Towing needs a RV wrecker like Dolly said. I had mine towed a couple times. We lost the generator tailpipe from scraping the road.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
          Wagn tails pet pro is about 9500 pounds. Changing a tire is not bad if you have the right jack. I did it many times. Problem is van sits on the ground in rear when tire is flat. It's hard to get under the axle.

Towing needs a RV wrecker like Dolly said. I had mine towed a couple times. We lost the generator tailpipe from scraping the road.

This is exactly why it took 3 wreckers to get my rear tire changed..........they couldn't lift the van up due to the tailpipe, and the drainpipe, plus all of the other stuff under the backend of the van. THEN to top it off, the tire actually "melted" onto the axil and they couldn't get the wheel off. They actually was trying to pry the wheel off with a 4 ft 2x4 that they had. Ever since that nightmare, every time I get my oil changed, I have them rotate my tires. On two different occasions, they found rips on the inside of the tire which you would not have seen by walking around the van. Both times, the tire could have popped while driving, so get your tires rotated when doing an oil change !!

Happy rotating

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Mine was a starter problem

The first AAA tow truck couldn't lift it. AAA called around for me and I got 2 calls from local tow truck co's. One guy said he had a 14000 lb rating. I knew that was plenty, but I dumped the tank (a full tank that I just finished filling) and 8 lbs a gallon is 400 lbs less weight. Not much, but something.
            They have the little claw thing that pinches your rear tires with room to spare away from the gennie muffler. I was watching, though and I have a tow hitch and this new tire hooking way is pretty cool. They do strap the tires down, of course. They said they have to lift the drive axle so it was the rear axle for my 04 Ford E350.
            Everything was good except for the embarrassment of getting towed through the middle of town. Great advertising.

Comment

Working...
            X