Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best products for poodle/bichon scissoring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best products for poodle/bichon scissoring...

I know that coat can vary widely for these breeds, depending on "what" they are made of But, I saw a note on the old board once recently about what shampoo someone loved for these breeds...what is everyone's favorite for these guys? I usually just don't use conditioner and really try to straighten during drying, but maybe something could make the job easier?

I absolutely love Coat Handler Shampoo. It leaves the coat so soft and fluffy, I think it is the best shampoo I have tried so far... you don't need to condition with it.
    I have a client who has a bichon that has very coarse fur and it is very curly and hard to manage. I tried the coat handler on her and it made a huge difference.

Comment

Depending on the coat, softer or a bit harder, I like the Chris Christensen Clean Start, AfterBath and Thick-n-Thicker products. Depending on the coat I'll use one, two or all three of the T-n-T products. EQyss Premier does a nice job as does Stazko, too. I've not tried the NS Almond Crisp but I've heard good things about it as well. I think it just depends on you and what you like

Comment

I agree with Patty.. Chris Christensen Clean Start, AfterBath and Thick-n-Thicker products. I use these on some mix breeds as well...

Comment

I really like the Davis Fluff Out. It gives the coat more body so it doesn't collapse while you are scissoring

Comment

Yes! The clean start is the one I was thinking of from the other thread! I have never used those or the coat handler products before...man! I need a local trade show to get some samples from

Comment

I use Stazko's shampoo on most of my poodles and bichons--and add Davis Fluff Out if they have a super floppy coat....

Comment

I use The Coat Handler shampoos, no conditioner, on all Bichons and Poodles.

Comment

I like the Davis Luxery shampoo on Bichons and poodles. No Conditioner.

Comment

I used to use Coat handler,more in ca. It is expensive, but conditioner is great,and anti static spray. Do you have problems in cold weather with static electricty? fur flies. I also get a ststic shock vaccing fur outa CV. It is very,very dry here. I also get static elec. when opening door for milk at store. Maybe it is adry area prob. I stopped coat handler cuz a groomer told me /drying. One client called it coat hanger! yes, I spelled it right. use coat hangger on her,she said. Laughed when I told right name. never itchy skin.

Comment

AZ Bichon Hands-on workshop

Hey Nikki, did you see that the APPGA Bichon workshop is this Sunday? So far we have a good number of dogs w/ groomers that have registered. Heather is doing the speaking and I'll have the demo dog, and everyone else will work on their own subject. There is still time for any other groomers , with dog in hand to come and learn how to make this breed super fast and easy and still maintain the look! anyone interested just go to www.azpetgroomers.com there is a link for registration, or contact me privatly [email protected]

I'm bringing 6 dogs, one I'll work on, and this is going to be a challenge, she's a recent rescue, in foster care [ Small Paws Rescue] and honey she's got ears down to her elbows! Should be a wow of a trasformation.

Comment

Hi Pam!

I don't have any bichons to bring...I have only done a few since I have been out here, and they are not regulars, the poor dogs! I am bummed, too, since this is my favorite breed to scissor! My hubby has been in TX for 2 weeks for work, and he comes home Sunday...he leaves again Tuesday, so there will be no getting me out of the house for awhile, LOL! Ya know, for some reason my most popular breeds in my clientele are Maltese and German Sheperds???

Comment

Hey! enjoy the weekend! Sounds like you have a 'great" plan!

Comment

If you are going to the Bichon Seminar in Chandler tomorrow-actually today...whatcha doin up so late? Bathing a dog? Aren't you in Gilbert Az? ms puppy paws?I thoughtb I was the only insomniac around here.2:40 am get up at 9 church 11:15...never late.

Comment

Working...
                            X