AZ Mobile Groomers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZ Mobile Groomers

Do you need a business license in AZ when you start a mobile grooming business? I am getting ready to buy a van, but not sure what I need to do to be legally operational.

Hello from AZ

Yes, you do. The state doing business as-------. It is forever one time small fee. Apache Junction has a different rule where they require a yearly bus license to groom in there town. I don't go there because they inforce it onl ywhen aware of you and many get away without. All or nothing I say. Go mto the city where hall of records is.I wish I had given a PO box tho they prefer not. I don't like that any weirdo can look up my address. I keep mine on the bullitin board in the laundry room. Not necessary to carry w/e, tho A copy might be a good idea to have along. Where in AZ? are ya?I was just telling the member from Gold Canyon. dkw27 Her username is hard to remember. I know her business name as something else but she may not want it known, so I won't say.
    Last edited by mustluvdogs1; 06-10-07, 06:51 PM. Reason: fixed a typo

Comment

I am in North Phoenix. Looks like there are quite a few groomers in Arizona on the boards. That's so great! I kinda figured it wasn't going to be that easy starting up a business. Looks like there's alot more to it than just knowing how to groom and buying a van. My husband and I are trying to set something up to go to Texas next week to see a van and I'll have to leave my baby with my mom. I haven't been away from him overnight yet..already having separation anxiety. lol

Comment

Hi Desert Dog
        If your in Maricopa county you will have to have a operating permit issued
        by mobile food services. You have to submit the plans of your grooming vehicle and after they approve them, you have to take your grooming vehicle for inspection down town Phoenix. The total cost is approximatey $400. If you do a search for maricopa county you can find the information on it. Good
        Luck!!!

Comment

AZ groomers

Hi Desert dog
          I did a search and found the site for Maricopa mobile food services. It has the info you may need http://www.maricopa.gov/ENVSVC/ENVHL...E/Petgroom.pdf Hope this helps. It looks like the price is not quite as high as I thought it was.

Comment

Zazu, thanks for the info. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything that has to be done just to do the job I love doing. It will all be worth it though once I get over the initial start up.

Comment

I have family in North Phx, will you be any where near Anthem??

Comment

Hi Baddog, yes I'm just 7 or 8 miles south of Anthem. I guess you could say I live at the northern most tip of Phoenix.

Comment

Zazu, thanks sooo much for finding that page. It gives me a place to start.

Comment

AZ groomers

Hey Desert dog your up in my area. I work in Anthem, New river & Cave Creek area. Let me know when you get started, I can give you my overflow calls. What are you getting ? Van or Trailer? I have had both, I like the trailer best.

Comment

cool, thanks..I want a van. I just need to decide if I want to pay cash for a used or use the money for down payment on new..I like the Hanvey Sprinter GX7. I like that it will fit in my garage.

Comment

Working...
                      X