Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone catch "Pimp my grooming van" yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone catch "Pimp my grooming van" yesterday...

I wasn't very impressed with the way it can out. Especially that cage! And the tiny tub! Or would that be called a sink? I swear it looked to be about 4" deep!!

Didn't see it.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Comment

I agree, I saw it this morning. It looked cool but how about the water sprayer, looks like the one from my kitchen sink with no pressure. They obviously did not contact anyone about what would be great to work with in there. For anyone who is not a groomer it would seem to be really cool. It was a definate improvement form what he had though.
      What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

I didn't know it was going to be on! bummer! why they do it on the cheap? they sure go all out for everyone else!! that BITES!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

Darn it! I really wanted to see this episode. I went on MTV's website, but am unable to figure out when it will air again...anyone know? I even went on you tube to see if it was posted. Dang!

Comment

I caught it on MTV Sunday morning. The van looked great on the outside compared to what it looked like before. The interior was dark, the sprayer hose was totally laughable, And that tub.... OMG one shaking dog and good bye to all of those pumped up speakers! To the outside world, it was cool. We know better. I am just so glad that it was not one of our own here that got pimped out. This guy doesn't want to be a mobile groomer, he wants to fight in the UFC.

Comment

That is my grandson

Hi, interesting comments about the "pimping". I haven't seen the van in person yet, but I am glad my grandson got picked to get his van pimped.
              Actually, he has been working with me since he was 9 and full time every Sat. with his own list of clients since he was 14. Now he has a van that he can be proud of. He is a college student, and also wants to have sports activities in his life. That doesn't make him any less of a groomer. Which one of you ONLY has grooming in their life and no other hobbies or interests? Sorry to be so touchy about it but he is a great person, and popular with his clients. He is a very responsible young man, desiring to achieve something in life. He reads posts on here but doesn't take the time to write posts as he is busy with all his activities.

Comment

I don't think anyone is really bashing him, just the job they did on the van. It does look way better. Is it all working out for him? I'm interested to know about that sprayer and tub. I looks like it only goes up afew inches.
                What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Originally posted by bluebonbon View Post
                  Hi, interesting comments about the "pimping". I haven't seen the van in person yet, but I am glad my grandson got picked to get his van pimped.
                  Actually, he has been working with me since he was 9 and full time every Sat. with his own list of clients since he was 14. Now he has a van that he can be proud of. He is a college student, and also wants to have sports activities in his life. That doesn't make him any less of a groomer. Which one of you ONLY has grooming in their life and no other hobbies or interests? Sorry to be so touchy about it but he is a great person, and popular with his clients. He is a very responsible young man, desiring to achieve something in life. He reads posts on here but doesn't take the time to write posts as he is busy with all his activities.
                  Blue bon.
                  How wonferful for your Grandson it?Is's great that good things happen to nice deserving people.You sound like a proud grandma I would be too! please post pictures when you have some.

Comment

I missed it. I wonder if they are replaying it? I would love to see what they did.
                    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by bluebonbon View Post
                      Hi there! As others have said, I don't think that anyone is bashing your grandson! You sound like a very proud grandma (As I sure you should be ). I didn't see the episode so I can't say one way or another if I liked what they did to his van. I think that everyone was saying that from what they saw on tv the things that they did to the van just didn't seem very practical for a mobile groomer (ie, small sink and sprayer, etc.). I am glad that this happened to him, and I certainly hope that he will be able to put it to use!
                      Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Grandson's extra activities

Actually, I was a bit upset when barknpurr mentioned that he didn't want to be a groomer, but rather a fighter. Since he already is a groomer, I thought it was a bit of a rude comment. But maybe I miss read it. Anyway, yes, I am a proud Grandma. It should air again. Here in Los Angeles, they play the same ones several times on MTV, especially on Sun. Also when they post it on MTV.com, you should be able to see it online.

Comment

BBB, none of my (three) kids have any interest in dog grooming. My first grandson, age 7, doesn't seem too interested either. I'm pinning all my hopes on the little guy, age 7 months, lol. Is it too soon to put a comb in his hands?

I'm looking forward to being the "Proud Grandma", like you!!!

Comment

AHH. You must read everything with an open mind. You can't assume how someone is saying something when you are reading it. I am sure that barknpurr did not mean it as negative, just something she saw on the show maybe.
                            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Working...
                            X