Follow up on Aussie w/sores on rump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow up on Aussie w/sores on rump

I went to see the dog. Would not get in van. Very matted rear and bitibg himself non stop. I just said ya know, this isn't going to work. I said a weight limit and he is much heavier than that. I just left with a little loss of income and driving expense. When I say no BIG dogs, I mean it. Next time I will either not return the call or just say no big dogs sorry and hang up. I'm not 24 like some of you.

I am right there with you on the weight thing. One thing I have learned is that if I have a funny feeling about a dog, there is something to it. Also, never break your own rules. You have them for a reason. Every time I have made an exception to my rules because of a sob story, it has not worked out and i regretted doing so in the end. Don't second guess yourself.

Comment

I can't do big dogs in the van either. Maybe in a shop that's equipped with a low tub and a hydrolic table, but definitely not the van.

It just kills me when in my voice message I explicitly say small dogs ONLY, under 25 pounds, and I get the guy who thinks his uber heavy basset fits the "small" category because of the short legs! I had to laugh (to myself...not in his face) when I said he wouldn't fit in the tub. He didn't believe me, he looked in the van and sure enough...his dog was too long for the tub! Not to mention I could NOT lift that boy, he was HUGE. He would have been huge with long legs! Honestly, he must have weighed close to 75 pounds.

Comment

LOL bassets are like bulldogs...short and heavy! i believe bassets should weigh between 60 and 70 something lbs? not sure...was teh dog overweight? or just big?
        LOL good for you to have a smaller tub so the biggies wont fit haha.
        Hound

Comment

Working...
        X