Almost bit today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost bit today.

I went to grooma 13yr old terrier that a former groomer w/ trailer used to do til she developed a serious lung disease. The dog bit at my right hand but didn't break the skin. He was sitting by me and his owner when he did this. then she asked " Do you have a sock for him?" A muzzle ? yes. his size allows his tongue tostick out and doesn't fit well. He doesn't like to be picked up or his feet touched. Oh great! I muzzled him amd did do his nails nearly getting bit again. He also has skin issues. I charged 10 less than m,y usual fee, the same as former groomer. After, I said I don't feel comfortable doing him again. They said ok like they knew he was a dangerous dog. I went straight to the bank to deposit check. Even tho' I am the owner, the bank will only deposit the check when made out tom bus not my name. There are others in the mobile home park she did too, but these people usually pay less than my fee. No dog is worth a bite risk. I could tie his mouth with gauze but he is not worth the risk.Why can't people be up front and honest? It says mobile not magician.

No dog is worth te bite risk, especially when you are discounting. Must luv you need to be firm on your pricing and not discount, just b/c their former groomer did, was gas $3.25 a gallon back then? now with the added fuel costs you must work to protect your profit!!!

Comment

Why would you discount your fees just because some elses prices were lower? Your prices are what they are and if they don't like it then they can drive their dog to a shop.
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I have gotten several referrals from another mobile in our area lately that charged between $5 and $15 less than me. She told me in advance for my own information, not expecting me to decrease my rate. The clients never mentioned they paid less, and nearly all of them tip $5 - $10 on top of that. If you discount like that, you hurt your bottom line. Isn't that why we come up with minimum fees?

Sorry for the scary experience, too. I am glad you aren't going back, not worth it at all.

Comment

you go diami

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
          Why would you discount your fees just because some elses prices were lower? Your prices are what they are and if they don't like it then they can drive their dog to a shop.
          darn straight!

Comment

You may not read this reply but......

This dog I considered an extra and in an Rv mobile home park only 3-4 miles away. There are several others this groomer did in same park. I figure for the price , I could get all of em and not have to drive anywhere. They would be extras as I have my own client base anyway. Bad idea. I don't care if I hear from the others or not, as she had a dif setup and charged all these seniors much less and they won't pay more unless they have to.

Comment

that is still 3-4 miles of driving and gas in the gene. and your time. I don't discount unless I don't have to move at all and there are 3 or more dogs. Even then I only knock $3 off for each owner.
              If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I find it's the owners who are nonchalant about their dog and it's attitude that are the trouble-makers. When someone comes in and says their dog is a little cranky and doesn't like her ears touched, etc. that's when the owner is just being cautious and the dog is sweet. It's the ones that drop off and say "do whatever and good luck" that I worry about.

I'm glad it wasn't more serious. Stick to your pricing.

Comment

Working...
                X