Oh my gosh I got bit today bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my gosh I got bit today bad

I got bit by a german shepard and it hurts like he_ _. The worst part is I wasn't even grooming it yet. I was just at the door waiting to get it when he ran out of the door and lunged at my arm. Scared me to death. The owner was horrified. I thought I would share. You know misery loves company. lol

Oh, that's awful. Did it break the skin? Are you able to work with it? So sorry for your pain.

Comment

I sure hope you reported it to animal control. ANY bite that breaks the skin is one required to be reported and we all know we usually don't, but a bite that was unprovoked should always be reported. I would also give the owners the doctor bills, and if it puts you out of work-a bill for money lost while out of work due to THEIR aggressive dog. They called you out to groom their dog, which on an aggressive dog should NOT have been done, they should have had control of the dog up to the point that control was in your hands. THEY are totally at fault and should be paying for ALL damages due to their negligence. Maybe they will think twice next time before inviting someone to "meet" their monster.

Hope you heal fast and things improve soon.

Comment

Oh OUCH!!!!! Did you have to go to the doctor? Were you able to finish out the day?

Hope you heal fast.
        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
        Diane

Comment

Ouch, I'm sorry! Take care of it!

You said not started grooming YET...you didn't groom the dog though after it bit you right? I sure hope you sent it packing!
          Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

It definitely broke the skin but I didn't report the dog, at least not yet. My sister is a nurse and told me that at this time I just need to keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get infected. I am keeping antibiotic ont. on it and I washed it real good. And I am current on my tetnus shot so as long as it doesn't get infected I should be okay. And no I didn't groom the dog, and I never will again. The funny thing about it is I have groomed this dog twice before and he acted a little weird but nothing like this. The owner warned me that he was protective until he got to know you but being this was the 3rd time I had bathed him she thought it would be okay to just let him run out the door and see me. BIG MISTAKE. I knew he was going to bite me before he did and that was horrifying. I am just glad he didn't go for my face. I think I will be able to groom tomorrow, of course he did bite me in my left arm which is the arm I scissor with. That sucks because it hurts like the devil every time I move it. Although she kept saying she was sorry she didn't offer to pay anything. So not only did I lose out on the money I was expecting her to give me today I now have a bum arm.

Comment

Geeze, what a bad experience.

Comment

YOU NEED to report that bite. She should have at the very LEAST paid you for the groom. I am not a big fan of sheps. I know there are some really goods ones out there and I have one of them as a client, but for the most part, I don't trust them. Been bit too many times by them.
                If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Even before I opened this post I guessed a GS. Those darn dogs just hate to be groomed....... Hope the bite heals okay.......

Comment

How horrible. Sure would be tempting to bill her for some portion of that appointment slot! ? I can only imagine the horror of having a big dog like that rush at you. You poor, poor girl! Hope sympathy eases the pain just a little. Soak in warm water, I like epsom (sp.) salts, too.

Comment

YOU NEED TO REPORT THE BITE! Without it reported in a timely manner it is sometimes much more difficult to get the responsible party to be forced to pay for medical expenses for one, for another, this dog NEEDS to be on record for biting. What if it is a small child next time that is retrieving their ball from the dog's front yard and the dog gets out the door?! You should also be taking oral antibiotics. Dog bites aren't as infective as cat bites, but face it, what happens should it get severely sore and infected? This is your livlihood girl, don't take chances. Get to a doctor, get the antibiotics and let the doctor report it. Then should the client get upset, you can simply inform them that it is the law that doctors report animal bites and you can't help that, but you needed to protect yourself and get antibiotics to prevent it from potentially getting worse and potentially ending your career.

Comment

hrm....protective? if any dog was acting funny i wouldnt groom it! you NEED to report that bite...because if the dog was acting funny the first couple of times already then thats a given suspicion right there....only reason probably he didnt bite you before was because the owner had him on a leash. he saw his oppurtunity once she opened that door to let him run to you...he was NOT under control at all and saw that oppurtunity and ran with it. literally!
                        id report it...who knows this dog could have bitten other people in the past and she just didnt want to say anything...i lov ehow peopel say...oh hes just PROTECTIVE instead of saying...well he tends to be a bit aggressive...
                        jeez....
                        Hound

Comment

If the owner knew the dog was protective, she should not have let him run out the door knowing this. I feel she is at fault. No one in their right mind would let their dog out like that. I have done alot of dogs that are protective but were fine once being groomed and away from the owner. You should send her a grooming bill and any medical bills. Hope you feel better.

Comment

I think you should bill her for the full price of the groom (you were there, ready to groom) and the bills for the medical cost at a MINIMUM. I am sure a lawyer would tell you you have grounds to make a claim for at least that plus any lost wages.

Comment

a long time ago

in a grooming shop far .....far......away.....i had a lady come in with her shepherd and her 2 children on either side of her. she filled out the paperwork. i approached to take the dogs leash.....it lunged right at my face......i jumped back, fell on my a$$, the dog missed my face, luckily. but i felt and heard the snap right in front of my face!! Guess what she did? she started laughing! yes she did. i was sooo angry.....i said "I cannot believe that your dog nearly took my face off and you are standing there laughing about it".....she said, "Oh, he is just being protective of the children" and she said this as if she were sooo proud of her guard dog! i told her to leave. i would not groom her dog. she said he's not nasty. only if you come near us!goodbye! see ya!!! don't let the door hit you on the way out!

i hope you're feeling better real soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X