Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Dryer for Housecalls? HELP!!!

Hey My People,

What is a good dryer to buy for housecalls? I currently have the Metro Air which is very portable but is not strong enough for Rotties (80+ lbs) and the like. I have started getting a lot of med-to-large pet baby referrals that no one wants to deal with. Can anyone give me some suggestions? which one would you recommend and why?

Keep in mind, I am no spring-chicken! LOL!!! I will get a K9II or III for my truck when I finish building it but for right now, I need something that will do the job and save me time.

Everyone's thoughts, suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated.

k91... that's what I use now for my own dogs and dogs that I do at home.... its portable and strong... I love love love it.

Comment

No Spring Chicken Too!

Ladycee,

I do house calls too and for the most part I only groom small dogs & cats since I find it extremely difficult to lift large dogs. And it was not my intent when I changed careers mid-life.

When I have something a little larger I love my Laube Magnum Dryer. It's got variable speed, cute handle, very powerful. So far it has worked really well for me.

Good Luck!

Helen

Comment

Depends on the dog

I have many little ones, and will use the small Pet Edge very portable for them. Not a face that avoids dryers has minded me using that. I have the portable TaxiVac that dries very well HV for most of my dogs. If I have a bigun, such as a Shepard or this Newfie I do, I cart along my K9 1, it does the trick on the very huge jobs but not too many Amps for housecall. Oh and I won that from this message board. I do blow out the big dogs and such out side on a porch or patio, btw.
        Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

No large breeds. The most i will do is a lab in a shower stall. I use the new Conair Infiniti Tourmaline Ionic dryer with the High Torque DC Motor. The most powerful blast i can find as of yet. I wont lug arouund a HV with all the other equipment i have to lug around as it is.
          Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

Best Dryer for Housecalls? HELP!!!

I love my Kool Pup dryer. Variable speed- so gentle I can use on a 3 week old puppy, but strong enough to dry my show-coat Australian Shepherd in a decent amount of time

Comment

Originally posted by birdtail View Post
              I love my Kool Pup dryer. Variable speed- so gentle I can use on a 3 week old puppy, but strong enough to dry my show-coat Australian Shepherd in a decent amount of time
              Ditto! I've used it on St. Bernards and a Berner too and it's the perfect size for housecall. I just sold mine for my k9-II, so I'm back to my old metro for small dogs until I can save up enough to warrant having 3 dryers. I've been able to do big dogs in kitchens with the k9-II and (cross my fingers) haven't tripped a breaker yet. I did a Pomeranian in my own kitchen last night with the k9-II and had no problems. I make sure to plug into a GFCI though. I've also heard of housecallers looking for an area to set up in the clients' houses with outlets on the same breaker as the laundry room, and just make sure the washer and dryer aren't running.

Comment

I've been using a B-air lil 2 hp for the small ones. For the biggies for now, I've been using my 6.5 hp shop vac with a reohstat. I bought a generic hose adapter(s) kit and one of the pieces works well as a nozzle. When I lug this 16 gal monstrosity (somehow it didn't seem so big in the shop) into the home, I just explain that I brought my "big dog" equipment.

I plan on purchasing Pet edges Master equipment flash stand dryer (HV and stand) in the very near future. It has adjustable air flow and adjustable heat. Not usually a Petedge fan, but I give this dryer kudos.

We had two of these in my last shop and had a full coated Newfie washed and hand dried (with two of us and two dryers) in under 2 hours.

Comment

when I did house calls I used the b-air. Light, didn't trip breakers. In my van, I plug in so to still be power conservative, and have enough force to do big dogs I have the K9 fluffer. It is pretty light and portable and only pulls 10.5 amps (I think)

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyHDawn View Post

I plan on purchasing Pet edges Master equipment flash stand dryer (HV and stand) in the very near future. It has adjustable air flow and adjustable heat. Not usually a Petedge fan, but I give this dryer kudos.
                    I have that at one of the salons I do a few days at and absolutely love it! It's great for puppies and small dogs that need something low. I love the 3 temperature settings and the dial for speed. It's been going great for the 6 months I've been there, with my Kool Pup and now the K9-II to help out for tough jobs. I just did a fully coated maltese going through an awful coat change and it was so nice having something with a low setting and heat that was also handsfree to keep the coat straight.

Comment

Working...
                    X