Mobile grooming making me FAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile grooming making me FAT

Yesterday I bent over and popped the zipper of my grooming smock,I've been noticing my pants were getting a litle snug thought I better weigh myself.I'm up 10 lbs since I started mobile in Feb.Needless to say but yes I'm on a diet.When I was in a salon setting I skipped lunch because we could go when we were done with our dogs and had starbucks for breakfast.Now I still have starbucks for breakfast but since theres no potty in my van I end up stopping at a fast food place to use the restroom getting something to eat there.So It's slim fast time for me but maybe I'll order fat free at starbucks(yuck).

slim fast

i tried that stuff a few years ago for a couple weeks and let me just say... the plumbing was backed up! lol never again

Comment

I actually have no problem maintaining my weight doing mobile grooming. Where I had problems was when I had an office job and we were going out to lunch every day, there was candy on someone's desk all the time....gads. It was a battlefield. Now, I rarely eat lunch. I just work right through. I know I sound like a little old lady here, but I buy those 6 packs of Ensure with extra calcium and have one of those if i get hungry. I also really like the Vitamin water. One way to make sure those land mines don't get you is to not carry any cash if you can help it.

Comment

Of course McD's takes credit cards now you know!

Well, you don't actually HAVE to buy anything to use their bathroom ... although the smell of those fries sure does tempt!!

I don't like to stop during the day. I use the bathroom at my clients' houses (mostly at the one's who aren't home) and I keep SlimFast or Luna snack bars, bags of beef jerky, etc. and have frequent snacks while I am en route to the next house rather than actually eat meals.
        I am currently hooked on Lipton Diet Green Tea which I get by the case at Costco.

I put on about 15 lbs due to being steroids since April '06. I'm finally tapering off them, and I've heard that most people put on twice that or more on the same drug, so I am hoping the weight will come off without too much effort on my part. If it doesn't come off on it's own it's either back to Weight Watchers or I'll South Beach it for a few weeks.

I have found that once I left the sedentary office life, sans the drugs, it hasn't been too hard to keep my weight okay. I never stop moving!
        Meesh

Comment

i don't think it has anything to do with mobile i just went to see my doctor last week and he said i'm down 24 lbs from last years physical exam i also take snacks and drink lots of water throughout the day i'll take cheese,apples,pretzels and i drink a protein drink with soy milk before i leave in the morning it lasts about 4 hrs before i'm hungry so now i just snack on something every couple of hours so i don't get too hungry.

Comment

Do you have a mini fridge? Because there are several good snacks you can take along:

A boiled egg goes a long way!

Slices of cheese and Triscuits, which now come in lots of yummy flavors. I like pepper jack cheese on the black pepper and olive oil triscuits.

Cottage cheese with yogurt mixed in.

My latest thing is fresh spinach leaves with some chunk chicken (you can buy it in the can, a handful of cashews, and a little raspberry walnut vinaigrette to pour over it. You can add boiled egg slices to that too. you can replace the chicken with that canned shrimp---you know, I like those canned shrimps better than any other kind, they're really good!

Good luck!

Tammy
            PS: Drink a lot of water!
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

good lord!!

i happened to step on the scale this morning...and i almost shat myself! im a woopping 210 pounds. can we say DIET! i think my problem is that i dont eat in the morning before work,i will sometimes eat a big lunch at work tho. but when i get home at the end of the night im sooo hungry i end up eating a big meal right before i go to bed. guess i should stop doing that.

Comment

If you don't have a mini fridge just use a cooler to stock up your HEALTHY...lol... snacks and drinks! Lots and lots of water, fruit, yougart, baked chips or pretzles and nuts. I like to mix a handful of nuts or granola in my yougart. I also make smoothies in the summer for the kids and myself. They are very yummy and filling! In fact if you like smoothies you can mix a blender up and put the smoothie in a water bottle in your cooler to sip on when you get hungry!!! Try to have a snack before you walk in to the restraunt to use the BR so you won't be as tempted. If you have the time, park your rig as far away as possible so you can get a little walk time in!
                SheilaB from SC

Comment

Tammy...

Have you been reading "Body for Life"? hehe

Comment

I have to park way far away lol that is the only place you can fit with the trailer. I have been doing quite a few evening too, so I just finished dinner at 8 and that is not good. I'm going to the fat farm.
                    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Yeah, go to McDonalds and Berger King like i have to do in a rush. Just order the salad. Who said you have to eat the berger and fries?
                      Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

Here's a couple suggestions--- the best "meal bars" I've found are the Kelloggs Special K (I buy Double chocolate). Also, when I go to fast food because I'm starved and have nothing else, get the kids meal... Serving size is everything! Eat slowly and if you think it wasn't enough, wait awhile before eating more because it takes time for your body to know you are full!

Comment

Here's a couple suggestions--- the best "meal bars" I've found are the Kelloggs Special K (I buy Double chocolate). Also, when I go to fast food because I'm starved and have nothing else, get the kids meal... Serving size is everything! Eat slowly and if you think it wasn't enough, wait awhile before eating more because it takes time for your body to know you are full!
                          BTW, you totally freaked me with this thread... being someone who is about to go mobile and already struggling with weight.

I have an identical TWIN who is PREGNANT and 10 sizes smaller!!!!!!!!! But, I'm losing (and she's gaining, hehe)

Comment

also another trick to try....drink some water (say about a glass or a about half a bottle or a full bottle) and then see if your still hungry. water fills your tummy up! i have found that many times when i think im hungry ill drink some water and wait...and bam not hungry anymore!
                            i also rarely eat breakfast....lunch is iffy depending on when my schedule is (work at a deli at a grocery store) and i eat dinner and some snacks throughout the day...but yes...id def. go with a salad...wendys chicken ceaser salad...i loveeeeee it! i wouldnt go with a mickey D's salad though...kinda nasty to me. but hey to each their own!
                            good luck!
                            Hound
                            ps. hey remember muscle weighs more than fat too! so maybe ya gained some muscle mass and not weight...if your clothes fit the same then your fine...i wouldnt worry about what the scale says...i weigh myself maybe once or twice every couple of months...right now im down to i think it was...226? but i do NOT look it at all! and i had lost about 3 or 4 lbs...before i weighed i think 230 or something. i dont remember and i dont obsess about it either...hey who cares what i weigh! i really dont as long as i look good and feel good!
                            a number on a scale means nothing to me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mary1982 View Post
                              i happened to step on the scale this morning...and i almost shat myself! im a woopping 210 pounds. .

Wow MAry!!! You have guts for posting your weight! I feel your pain, I just had a baby 3 weeks ago, although I am 5 lbs lighter than my pre-prenancy weight, that is still 20lbs too heavy. Can't say I ever topped the 200lb mark but did hit the 182 mark this pregnancy, yikes! As soon as my Dr fives me to go ahead, I see several "power walks" in my future!

Comment

Working...
                              X