Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business is Picking up...Im getting excited!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business is Picking up...Im getting excited!!

Well, business is picking up now. We started out the first of May by doing flyers in Subdivisions. Im still working 3 days a week at the shop and then I mobil 3 days a week. So far we've groomed 28 dogs in the mobile and have 10 that have rebooked for 6 week grooms. Every time we visit a new Subdivison we pick up about 6 clients. Were in the phone book in June and we started an ad yesterday so we will see what happens. Ill be interested in the response from the yellow pages. Went to groom a cocker 7 month puppy the other day and what a little brat! Bit at the scissors,the clipper, the nail trimmers, the drier, twirled, almost became airborn 3 times, projectile diahrrea 3 times,peed, etc. lol. I have never wanted to not rebook a dog, but this one.. and the lady was so delighted, she was like well do you think she would do better if it was just you that came out all the time? and Im like ummmmm, yes, probably having the same groomer would help,ummmm I guess I would come out again,( then again it could be that cocker attitude that might never change) but I didnt say that. and after all that the lady didnt even tip. Then again, Ive always loved a challenge so.... I'm just happy we're getting customers. I really love being out and about with the hubby, the trailers nice and roomy, he sets it up while Im talking to the customer, he bathes and dries while I set up my tools and do paperwork,and then I groom while he holds them, and then he cleans while I give the dog to the customer. Works pretty good. Really feels good to be doing our own thing the way we know it should be done....

thats great news!! I admire you being able to work with your husband and not drop him off at the curb on the way home! LOL when my ex finace moved here, he worked at the shop with me..came home with me.....showered with me!!!! he became my shadow!!!! I prayed for a cloudy day! lol he had to go. was too much for me...it was 24/7...I was beginning to feel a bit "caged up" myself!! applause to you!!!

Comment

I wish I had a bather to do all the bathing and cleaning lol
      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Hairdevil You're Too Funny!

I was ROFL reading your post! Ruthie Lee seems to have the right idea. Hubby does everything but groom! Way to go Ruthie! (LOL!) Also congrats on your new Biz!

Comment

Congrats. Opening up a new biz can be scary. You seem to be doing a good job with it though. Hopefully people keep flowin in for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthie lee riley View Post
            Went to groom a cocker 7 month puppy the other day and what a little brat! Bit at the scissors,the clipper, the nail trimmers, the drier, twirled, almost became airborn 3 times, projectile diahrrea 3 times,peed, etc. lol. I have never wanted to not rebook a dog, but this one.. and the lady was so delighted, she was like well do you think she would do better if it was just you that came out all the time? and Im like ummmmm, yes, probably having the same groomer would help,ummmm I guess I would come out again,( then again it could be that cocker attitude that might never change) but I didnt say that. and after all that the lady didnt even tip. Then again, Ive always loved a challenge so.... I'm just happy we're getting customers. .
            I think that once you become very booked up, it might be easier to lose this client (for a legitimate reason other than your dog is a PITA!).

Congratulations, that is so nice to hear. Especially after the day you had with the cat. I'm glad to hear something positive out of you, worried you might give it all up.

Tammy in Utah
            Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Thanks...

Yes it is a challenge working with the husband, its not all perfect every day, somedays he escapes to the suv when hes having a "moment", like when I was showing him how to dry a Chow the other day and the trailer became a big fur ball. Im like hmmmmmm, now where the heck did he go? One day when we had just started ,we did a dog that was obviously a once a year one, very filthy, etc and it crapped in the tub, you should have seen him turn white, then red, then he started chucking and covered his mouth and had to run out. I was like omg, get yourself together and hand me a paper towel! Hey, where'd you go again? Then at the end of the day, he's like "my feet hurt, my back hurts, I've got so much hair in my eyes!" and then while he's drying a dog he's trying to brush off any little hair on his shirt. Or if I'm cutting nails and one goes flying he tries to jump out of the way. It can be comical mainly because he is so anal. Well welcome to the world of doggie do-do, stinky dog breath, dirty ears and smelly bottoms! I do enjoy at the end of the day seeing HIM all covered with hair, now he knows how I feel.. And yes that cat did discourage me but thanks to you alls kind words, I just have to keep my head up and think positive. I had a Long Haired Chihuahua the other day in the mobile and I always ask if the dog has any health problems. The man said he has a lung condition, I look at the dog and his tongue is one of those that perpetually sticks out to one side, and Im thinking "oh no, this doesnt look good" and he says, "its okay, we know hes not that healthy, if he dies, he dies, its no big thing,just let him go" I think in that case isn't there some kind of form I should have them sign releasing me from responsibility if the dog passes? I was a bundle of nerves grooming him but he was fine. He just breathed heavy alot......

Comment

lmao my fiance is the same way!!! OMG theres HAIR on my shirt (bust out the lint roller!) lmao! i just look at him and shake my head....and then i comment...well what do you think your shirts going to look like when we have 3 or 4 dogs and 3 or 4 cats plus whatever other animals we want? lmao.
                i also told him that when we are walking the dogs (alla t once mind you) wouldnt it be nice if they all walked nicely next to each other....oh imnot walking all the dogs at once (uh...what? you think im going to keep walking all these dogs ONE AT A TIME?) hah! i said well fine ill walk one then you can walk the other two. no ill walk one then you can walk the other two dogs. FINE WHATEVER LMAO! OMG the carpets hairy at your house! well...who cares! its HAIR! NOT a big deal lmao! i honeslty dont care. he also dosnt care much for drool...hey get used to it! we are gonna have hounds (basset and blk and tan coonies and a redbone) and rotties and an old english mastiff! DROOL CITY BABY!
                i dont care about drool...unless its collie drool. that was just gross lol! but normal dog drool i dont care about.
                isnt it funny how men are so picky dicky about some stupid stuff sometimes?
                hey...tell hubby thats what the HV dryers for...TO BLOW ALL THAT HAIR OFF YOURSELF!
                Hound

Comment

Release form

Originally posted by ruthie lee riley View Post
                  Yes it is a challenge working with the husband, its not all perfect every day, somedays he escapes to the suv when hes having a "moment", like when I was showing him how to dry a Chow the other day and the trailer became a big fur ball. Im like hmmmmmm, now where the heck did he go? One day when we had just started ,we did a dog that was obviously a once a year one, very filthy, etc and it crapped in the tub, you should have seen him turn white, then red, then he started chucking and covered his mouth and had to run out. I was like omg, get yourself together and hand me a paper towel! Hey, where'd you go again? Then at the end of the day, he's like "my feet hurt, my back hurts, I've got so much hair in my eyes!" and then while he's drying a dog he's trying to brush off any little hair on his shirt. Or if I'm cutting nails and one goes flying he tries to jump out of the way. It can be comical mainly because he is so anal. Well welcome to the world of doggie do-do, stinky dog breath, dirty ears and smelly bottoms! I do enjoy at the end of the day seeing HIM all covered with hair, now he knows how I feel.. And yes that cat did discourage me but thanks to you alls kind words, I just have to keep my head up and think positive. I had a Long Haired Chihuahua the other day in the mobile and I always ask if the dog has any health problems. The man said he has a lung condition, I look at the dog and his tongue is one of those that perpetually sticks out to one side, and Im thinking "oh no, this doesnt look good" and he says, "its okay, we know hes not that healthy, if he dies, he dies, its no big thing,just let him go" I think in that case isn't there some kind of form I should have them sign releasing me from responsibility if the dog passes? I was a bundle of nerves grooming him but he was fine. He just breathed heavy alot......
                  I have a release form on my web site if you would like to use it. I got it from pooch planet grooming with her permission. www.canisbellus.com Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X