German red clipper blade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German red clipper blade question

This year at Intergroom I purchased the German Red clipper. I haven't used it yet. I was wondering if anyone knows how to know that the blade is adjusted correctly. Is it just a hit and miss thing? I was told that when the blade isn't cutting right to just tighten it a little more.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

I just realized I never got a response from anyone? Is there no one that uses them?
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Ask lovestosharpen...I'll bet he knows.

Comment

Hi I'm curious about that clipper I've seen advertisements for it.Let us know what you think of it.What are you currently using and how does it compare?Thanks.

Comment

They are like the Big Oster Stewart clippers for adjusting. You turn the tension until you start to feel some resistance then go about a 1/4of a turn. Do a test cut if still not cutting go another 1/4 turn and repeat until blade cuts like you want. With the extra pressure you can put on these blades you need to oil the blades to make them last longer.

The red clippers remind of the old A-2's in durability. I have read the maintenance procedures with the red clippers and it is almost identical to what you were supposed to do to the A-2's and A-5's, and it is recommended every week to keep the clippers running properly. Germans make great equipment and it will last if taken care of like they recommend.

Tim
          Tim Love............... Love's Sharpening
          123 A Hwy 80 E., #3

Clinton, MS 39056....phone: 601-529-1973

Comment

Originally posted by lovessharpening View Post
            They are like the Big Oster Stewart clippers for adjusting. You turn the tension until you start to feel some resistance then go about a 1/4of a turn. Do a test cut if still not cutting go another 1/4 turn and repeat until blade cuts like you want. With the extra pressure you can put on these blades you need to oil the blades to make them last longer.

The red clippers remind of the old A-2's in durability. I have read the maintenance procedures with the red clippers and it is almost identical to what you were supposed to do to the A-2's and A-5's, and it is recommended every week to keep the clippers running properly. Germans make great equipment and it will last if taken care of like they recommend.

Tim
            Sorry lovessharpening...I got your name wrong.

Comment

no problem since I do LOVE TO SHARPEN!!!

TIM
              Tim Love............... Love's Sharpening
              123 A Hwy 80 E., #3

Clinton, MS 39056....phone: 601-529-1973

Comment

Working...
              X