So excited!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So excited!!

It's happening!! I am getting a new grooming van!!! And I must say that having inquired with the "top 3" grooming van manufacturers, the treatment I got from Hanvey was far superior. Both of the other companies randomly left me hanging and that really irritated me. Hanvey and Egolf Motors has been awesome, helping me more than you would ever expect from salespeople! They actually WANT me to get my van and that's awesome.

I've been planning this for YEARS. I am a grooming school graduate, took Business Entrepenuership at the community college, been researching and planning........... and now that its actually happening, I can't believe how much stuff there is to do!

My business name is going to be Puppy Cuts.
    Pretty soon I am going to be my own boss... woohoo!

HI, wow that is exciting! It's great when you have all your ducks in a row and things DO turn out great.

Just a thought...Are there any other grooming shops in your state with the same name? That's a pretty common name...Puppy Cuts...I can think of at least 3 states where that name is in use...just a thought before you go full steam ahead...check with your state to make sure the name is not already in use...

Comment

There aren't any in the state that I have found but I am going to register the name, so we'll see. Nothing with the name is set in stone until I figure it out.

Comment

Congrats to you. I'm in the same boat. I've had major issues trying to get financing, but I've ended up getting a trailer from Gryphon. I'm picking it up next weekend!! I just need people to start calling so I have something to do with it once I get it. No major advertising for me, just small local stuff and referral from pet biz people I know. I'm still trying to figure out what I still need to buy.

Comment

Congrats, Kellic!

I'm also in the same boat. Just keep reading this board. The help is awesome! Someone here gave this link for towels. I've decide to go this route. www.raglady.com

Comment

One Year Milestone

May 15th was one year since I went mobile and I have a Hanvey Sprinter too. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself professionally. I've been shop grooming for years and years, but I still can't believe how fast my business has grown and how successful it's become in just one year's time.

Comment

Mamabear,

How did you know I was looking for towels??? There are so many to choose from... are you going with the 'bath towels'?

Comment

Originally posted by kellic View Post
                Mamabear,

How did you know I was looking for towels??? There are so many to choose from... are you going with the 'bath towels'?
                If you have an Ikea near you, check them out too. It looks like they have cheap towels too. I need towels too and I'm looking around.

Comment

I got towels at Target for less than $2 each. Make sure you get enough for 2 weeks that way when you have a load being washed you have a clean load. I also put a clothes line up so that I can hang the dirty ones to let the hair fall off so it is not in my washer.
                  If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Way to go, Kellic. I'm so excited for you! Enjoy the ride, you're gonna love it!

Comment

WAY TO GO ! That is why I went with Hanvey as well. Isn't John Collins at egolff wonderful? He does so much follow up:-)

Comment

Congrats. You'll love your Hanvey van. FYI ... I got all of my towels from the local thrift store. I bought mostly bath towels, but also some hand towels (which work great on the Yorkies and the malteses).

Comment

That's so cool that you are getting a Sprinter!! Congrats to you. I got a bunch, and I do mean a Hugh Jass BUNCH of free towels when I started. I asked my friends and family members for their old towels (still in decent shape) and oh boy, did they deliver! If that isn't an option for you, try your local thrift stores. At my thrift store I can fill a paper shopping bag as full as I can get it and only pay $10.

Comment

For MOBILE, I love the towel bath mats. I buy them at Wal-Mart for only $2 each. They are 10x more absorbant, they are a little smaller but you will be SHOCKED at how much water they absorb.

Comment

Working...
                            X