The train has left the station!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The train has left the station!

Yesterday almost 300 letters informing my clients of my intent to go from shop to mobile were mailed out- yikes! I think everything will work out fine, but now I'm anticipating endless phone calls with questions, some clients happy and some upset. Some of them received their letters today! :-0
    I had two phone calls, one thrilled that I'm doing it, and one who wanted to get into the shop at the 'lower price' one more time before the switch. The second one isn't a regularly scheduled dog, so I guess it's no biggie. I also had a client in today with two Cavaliers who usually pre-books, only this time her appt will fall when I've gone mobile. She made the appointment without blinking an eye.

As I told my mom, the train has left the station, no going back now! I'm excited and nervous at the same time! Now I've just got to get through the next 6 weeks, with fingers crossed that I'll keep a decent number of my regulars........ yikes! :-)

Wow, congratulations! Generally in mobile you can't groom as many dogs (that's part of why you charge more), so it might not be a bad thing to lose a few clients---hopefully you'll lose the cheap-os!

When I first read the title to this thread I thought you meant your TRAIN of "thought," lol. I always say, "Uh, my train of thought stopped at the wrong station" when I forget what I was going to say.

Good for you, let us know how it goes from time to time.

Tammy in Utah
    Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Way to Go! Which vehicle did you decide on?

Comment

Congrats! You'll be starting a whole new way of grooming those little doggies.
        Hope things all go well for you and you get the old clients that you want.
        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
        Diane

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
          Wow, congratulations! Generally in mobile you can't groom as many dogs (that's part of why you charge more), so it might not be a bad thing to lose a few clients---hopefully you'll lose the cheap-os!

When I first read the title to this thread I thought you meant your TRAIN of "thought," lol. I always say, "Uh, my train of thought stopped at the wrong station" when I forget what I was going to say.

Good for you, let us know how it goes from time to time.

Tammy in Utah

LOL......... hey, I like that, I might use it! :-) I know I won't keep all of my clients- it would actually be impossible for me to, but I am going through that panic attack of, 'what if none of them want to stay with me?' thing right now, can't help it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
            Way to Go! Which vehicle did you decide on?
            Thanks, Gracy! Actually, converting an RV for it. I'm very pleased with how it's coming along, and I'll post pics as soon as it's finished. I've got about 6 weeks before I have to start using it, which should give me plenty of time to get used to driving it around before that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              Congrats! You'll be starting a whole new way of grooming those little doggies.
              Hope things all go well for you and you get the old clients that you want.
              Thanks, me too! :-)

Comment

Hi I know you want to keep your shop clients but make sure to up thier prices about twenty bucks more.If you don't you will likely regret it.You will get clients that are willing to pay for the convenience.Then you will be stuck with cheap prices on all your old clients and lose out on profit.Start out on the right foot so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosMom View Post
                  Yesterday almost 300 letters informing my clients of my intent to go from shop to mobile were mailed out- yikes! I think everything will work out fine, but now I'm anticipating endless phone calls with questions, some clients happy and some upset. Some of them received their letters today! :-0
                  I had two phone calls, one thrilled that I'm doing it, and one who wanted to get into the shop at the 'lower price' one more time before the switch. The second one isn't a regularly scheduled dog, so I guess it's no biggie. I also had a client in today with two Cavaliers who usually pre-books, only this time her appt will fall when I've gone mobile. She made the appointment without blinking an eye.

As I told my mom, the train has left the station, no going back now! I'm excited and nervous at the same time! Now I've just got to get through the next 6 weeks, with fingers crossed that I'll keep a decent number of my regulars........ yikes! :-)

congrats in this life change choice..
                  Is there room for one more to ride your train? I don't take up much space, I ll fit under the seat in first class..

Comment

Working...
                  X