Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want more battery power before turn on Generator on a 2003 Wag n Tail's Pet Pro Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want more battery power before turn on Generator on a 2003 Wag n Tail's Pet Pro Van

My wife and I have a 2003 Wag n Tail's Pet Pro Van and we love it! My wife would like to use her Laube IVAC clippers on the dog BEFORE we turn on the Onan generator. When I bath the dog, I don't have to turn on the generator for the pumps use battery power. Does anyone know if you can add more batteries with the existing configuration but just put more parallel to the existing battery.
    Does anybody have a solution for a Wag n Tail Van. Thanks for the input.
    David Guerra/ Bow Wow Meow Mobile Grooming (Anaheim,CA)

Until the guys get on here with the technical replies. I will give you the brief girly one. The water pump is 12 volt, that means it runs directly off the battery. The Ivac, and vacuum run off of regular household electricity. To make them run off of batteries you will need an Inverter. That will convert the 12 volts to regular plug in electricity. If you have enough space inside the van for some batteries, then you could add an inverter.

Comment

battery power ?

The clipper alone?Or the vac and the clipper? Who's vac ? There is not much room under the van for another battery where the one is for starting the gen. not sure if you have the shampoo tanks in the back (cosmos).Either way it really depends on if your wanting to run the vac off a mini inverter and a couple batteries or just the clipper. They do make little tote type inverter packs if you just want to run the clipper maybe the dremel .You have to charge it over night in your house. it is a camping item for sissy camping.

Comment

I agree, you'll still need something to convert the 12 volt battery from DC to AC...there are a number of smaller options availble from RV or camping stores, but let me warn ya' they'll say it can't be done. LOL

Doug or Curtis ...we need your sage wisdom on this...

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post
          The clipper alone?Or the vac and the clipper? Who's vac ? There is not much room under the van for another battery where the one is for starting the gen. not sure if you have the shampoo tanks in the back (cosmos).Either way it really depends on if your wanting to run the vac off a mini inverter and a couple batteries or just the clipper. They do make little tote type inverter packs if you just want to run the clipper maybe the dremel .You have to charge it over night in your house. it is a camping item for sissy camping.
          SISSY CAMPING!!! ROFL YOU ARE A NUTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! GLAD I HAVE COMPANY! HEHEHE

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
            SISSY CAMPING!!! ROFL YOU ARE A NUTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! GLAD I HAVE COMPANY! HEHEHE

Huh, Doug thinks THAT'S sissy camping? After years of growing up going on camping trips with the traditional too hot, too cold, rock in your back under the sleeping bag, no real toilet facilities, wash your hair in the icy lake water, guess what? MY idea of camping nowadays is a cabin with electricity and running water!lol

I think a mini-inverter would be great to power low-usage stuff, though. At my shop, I once had a power outage right when I was doing the finishing clipper work on my last dog. I shut my computer down, which is on a battery back-up, and used the back-up to run my clippers to finish the dog....... where there's a will, there's a way! ;-)

Comment

Doug

Sissy camping would be taking a groomobile camping. Sleeping in side the van on the floor, while watching tv, eating micro popcorn, off the inverter.

sim

Comment

Removed cosmos tanks so maybe have some room for mini inverter. My wife has the Laube ivac clipper but would use only a regular andis clipper for the lower amps. She feels why use the generator for small clip jobs and so she wants what looks like a mini inverter configuration. I live in Anaheim California and I am sure there is someone to go to for the inverter, battery system or maybe someone could give me some schematic on what to do and how much it would be. Hope I am relaying my need well enough. Thank you so much for all your input.
                David Guerra

Comment

mini

Xantrex XPower Powerpack 600 Heavy-Duty or simular type self contained small power supply. Ya never did mention if you were going to run the vac also.Any way if it says it will jump an engine it has jumper cable clips which should be able to connect to an extra battery to extend it's run time.Then you have your mini plus you can use it for jump starts and what ever ells it does like sissy camping. You will need to run a cord from the back to the front if you find you need the extra battery power so you can put a battery in the back next to the unit for it to clip into.If it is just for clippers it should not need any extra umph but since the first order of groomer priorety is to see what you can run off it by trial and error you can at least plan on the extra battery and where to sit it when your wife trys to run the k9 off it lol. It will never run a k9 or any other dryer.Even an easy bake oven would be a work out for it.

Comment

Removed cosmos tanks so maybe have some room for mini inverter. My wife has the Laube ivac clipper but would use only a regular andis clipper for the lower amps. She feels why use the generator for small clip jobs and so she wants what looks like a mini inverter configuration. I live in Anaheim California and I am sure there is someone to go to for the inverter, battery system or maybe someone could give me some schematic on what to do and how much it would be. Hope I am relaying my need well enough. Thank you so much for all your input.
                    David Guerra

Comment

Working...
                    X