Standing appointments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standing appointments

I have a few clients that are standing appointments, but it never fails when I call them the night before to remind them, they cancel. Any suggestions?

Do they reschedule right away? I had one lady that kept doing that to me and I just quit calling or even trying to schedule her. I figure that is her loss. She has a St. Bern and can't get him in the car very easy.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I had this experience

Hi Kim in SD, I'm new here and just changing careers. My former career is in human salons and I had this type of experience there. When this happened to me I would remind my clients that if they missed three of their standing appointments, that I would have to give their standing appointment to someone else, because I had a waiting list of clients that really wanted it. I'd explain to them that I would hate to have to do this to them because I had such a busy schedule that they may have a hard time getting back in. I might also see if I could possibly switch them to a more convenient time that would be better for them. As a last resort I would try giving them a time at the end of my day or week when I wouldn't mind a cancellation so much. If nothing worked, it was better to have clients like that out of the books so that I could give the spot to someone who would not waste my time. Also the more that I tactfully let everyone know how busy I was, the more that everyone wanted to get in with me. Worked almost every time!

Comment

That happened to me too.. What I ended up doing was writing out reminder cards at the time they make the apt with my cancelation requirement listed right below the apt date and time.
        Another thing that will help is calling a few days in advance of the appointment.. that way if they cancel it you can fill that appointment or move up the other appointments so that you don't have a gap in your schedule.

Comment

I do reminder cards and also call the day before their appointment. Most of my customers are pretty good but you always have those few. If they happen to no show after the above steps I call again and of course they have a great excuse and want to reschedule I do try to accomodate unless they no show 2 times then let's face it do you really want them as a Customer???
          "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
          Nancy

Comment

Yes, this particular customer always calls a week after and resquedules. Reminder cards, I didn't even think about that. I like the idea of the three strikes your out. I love this place, I love this place...Thanks all!!

Comment

There are several things you can try: Reminder calls 3-4 days before the appointment so you can schedule someone else in that time slot in case you get a cancellation again. Drop a post card in the mail as a reminder and/or do email reminders. Request pre-payment for all future appointments not cancelled within the confines of your cancellation policy (mine is a 48 hour policy). Decide if you really want to keep this type of client and charge accordingly

Comment

I don't do reminder calls for this reason. I send yearly calenders and a cover letter stating this, "at this time do not offer reminder call service".
                People imo should be resonable enough to manage their own schedules.

Comment

I've had this problem with a few select folks. They are the one's that usually insist on being home when I am grooming, even when I offer to groom while they work or whatever. I found it happened most of the time on Saturday appointments, and since I stopped doing Sat's altogether I haven't had too many of them.

Comment

My customers have learned that if they don't keep their appointment it might be a month or more before they can get in again. Plus it might take several phone calls and a couple of weeks just for me to call them back. If they have a good excuse then I will try to work them in quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by bow_wow_wheels View Post
                      Decide if you really want to keep this type of client and charge accordingly
                      That is my vote. Obviously this is a client that does not value your service. Time to fill that slot with a client that does.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal View Post
                        I've had this problem with a few select folks. They are the one's that usually insist on being home when I am grooming, even when I offer to groom while they work or whatever. I found it happened most of the time on Saturday appointments, and since I stopped doing Sat's altogether I haven't had too many of them.
                        How long did it take for people to just give you a key to their home? I am getting tired of working so many evenings. I don't do saturdays.
                        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I don't do reminder calls for this reason. I send yearly calenders and a cover letter stating this, "at this time do not offer reminder call service".
                          People imo should be resonable enough to manage their own schedules.

Comment

Ok, with this customer, (and yeah shes a sat appt that has to be home) I really want to keep her, two standards, great dogs, starving groomer, I'm going to do all the above..If that doesn't work I'll take her off a standing appt. Good luck with a call in in spring. Thanks again for all the great advice.

Comment

Originally posted by barknpurr View Post
                              That is my vote. Obviously this is a client that does not value your service. Time to fill that slot with a client that does.
                              Yes! Your services are a luxury...don't waste your time or talent on clients that can't appreciate or respect that. I did that alot in the beginning and put up with a lot of nutty people, but the time will quickly come when you can have your pick and weed out the bad ones.
                              Making Central Florida Pawsitively Purrfect since 2005.

Comment

Working...
                              X