Heat Has Arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat Has Arrived!

The heat has arrived! It was 106 today I think. From now on it will be at least 100 every day and 70s at night. Lovely evenings. This is the hardest time to be mobile, standing at the front door, dog under arm thinking "OPEN THE DOOR! I'm dieing out here! I have done it now 7 summers! Soon a splash in the pool, Aaaaaah. Happy Mothers Day. My mama is (like to believe) in heaven. Mothers' Day is tuff.

WHEW! I could not handle that kind of heat!! no way!! its in the 90's and sometimes hits over 100 here in july or aug, sometimes sept. I keep my tail inside!! I can't breathe in that kind of heat!! smouldering! ick

Comment

we get that dry heat in the desert until august then we get a week of 120 and 40% humidity thats ick cant get away from it outside I am glad Iam not mobile. but out here it would only be good in season from nov till first of may then our snow birds leave. thats palm springs area but money money is here the rich and famous vacation and live part time here and then the rest of us are here in the summer months.

Comment

When the AZ and CA weather is 59 ish and you all are wearing your winter coats I'll send you some of our lovely Ohio snow and a bottle of -10 degree air!

Comment

That kind of heat makes me wonder how people managed before a/c....

As for myself....Maine never really gets hot. Occassionally we'll have a short hot and humid spell, and we're real whiners about it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexy View Post
            When the AZ and CA weather is 59 ish and you all are wearing your winter coats I'll send you some of our lovely Ohio snow and a bottle of -10 degree air!
            LOL...... yup, life's full of little trade-offs! ;-)

Comment

It hasn't really gotten too hot here yet. We have had a few near 80 days here, but I think that after this week it should start to get warm. It's real humid though. After working in the garage yesterday we were in the pool, and boy was it nice!!!
              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I wondered how they survived too.

First, there was no asphalt. Desert and lots of orange orchards at some point. I wonder how anyone lived without SUNGLASSES! I am a wimp, but the heat isn't so bad. A/C in car, house, stores, grooming van. It is actually nice in the van, just tuff walking to the houses. You have snow and ice, we have heat.

Comment

I think I am going to buy one of those kool air dryers. Anyone have one? Are they any good. When I kick my dryer on it gets too dang hot in my trailer even with the a/c on high.
                  If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I have a little kool dry I got last August when it was scorching here.

I like it because it fits anywhere and works very nicely. I would not want to use a dryer without variable speed. I have enough poopers as it is.The other dryers are now in the garage as back up.

Comment

Working...
                    X