Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoundLover
    replied
    *eyes bugging out* WOW!!! thats a nice chunk of change there!
    im sure your groomers love you!
    Hound

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My salon groomers do anywhere between $600-$1000 for a full week. As far as people we have set mobile groomers who also work in salons.

Leave a comment:

• HoundLover
    replied
    so what do your shop groomers make per day? and is that 500 a day? if that is...WOW! also...do you rotate your groomers? does everyone get a chance to do the mobile and salon also or do you have set mobile people and set salon people?
    Hound

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My Mobile groomers do $500 :-)

Yes, it is lucrative but I still groom as well. My week lloks like this:
    Monday- payroll and bills
    Tuesday- Oviedo salon
    Wednesday- Mobile
    Thursday- Casselberry salon
    Friday- Mobile
    Sat. & Sun. off

Leave a comment:

• HoundLover
    replied
    high compliments to gracy rose

i imagine it is lucrative also! i believe she said during a normal day groomers make 500? (did i read that right gracy? 500 a DAY?) and she pays for vacations etc too! wow id love to work for HER! LOL!
    all i have to say is my hat's off to gracy rose!
    i think she needs an award or something LOL!
    the most successful business person! THINK OF THAT! ONE PERSON! running 3 diffrent business's ! two salons, she has a self serve in one i believe AND a mobile on top of that! plus her bichons look awesome!
    Hound

Leave a comment:

• hairdevil
    replied
    I imagine it is! and she says they sell 1500 a week in food and treats!! shes doing a fantastic job...although I could not deal with it! wayyyy toooo much stress for me!! I like it smooth sailin lol when its not I get all bent outta shape! wha!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SpikeyTheYorkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
    I do all scheduling. I have my clients and she (there are two others) has clients that she does. When people book I put them on whatever day that we are in their area.
    Example: Monday- Groomer Robin, Winter Park and Maitland
    Tuesday- Groomer Laura, Oviedo
    Wednesday- Groomer Kristen (me) East Orlando.

I got a "remote call forwarding number" through the phone company. This is a real number with listing in PHONE BOOK AND 411. This number is automatically forwarded to whatever number I want, I have it forwarded to a cell phone that is deemed the "mobile phone". I keep this phone with me at ALL times and I set the appointments, do reminder calls, everything. This way, although I may not be their groomer they KNOW me which keeps them as Faux Paws Clients.

I had receipts made that are carbonless. On it, there is a place for pets name, what service we did, total amount, place for tip and a section that says "your next appointment is". I get these copies each week and enter the info into my computer program. Also, if there were tips on credit card or check I can include it in their paycheck.

I bought a wireless credit card machine and I keep it in the van.

I send each groomer their schedule the night beofre this way they can use Mapquest to chart their route. The info I give them is:

Miller
    1234 Main Street
    Orlando, 54321
    Bichon- Gracy $65 FG, 2c A-O, bichon head.
    Lab- Raisin $70 B,N,E and de-shed.
    Kristen, I don't know how you do it, I'd be pulling my hair out running 2 shops AND a mobile unit. Are you finding it to be lucrative? That's what I'd like to know.

Tammy in Utah

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I do all scheduling. I have my clients and she (there are two others) has clients that she does. When people book I put them on whatever day that we are in their area.
    Example: Monday- Groomer Robin, Winter Park and Maitland
    Tuesday- Groomer Laura, Oviedo
    Wednesday- Groomer Kristen (me) East Orlando.

I got a "remote call forwarding number" through the phone company. This is a real number with listing in PHONE BOOK AND 411. This number is automatically forwarded to whatever number I want, I have it forwarded to a cell phone that is deemed the "mobile phone". I keep this phone with me at ALL times and I set the appointments, do reminder calls, everything. This way, although I may not be their groomer they KNOW me which keeps them as Faux Paws Clients.

I had receipts made that are carbonless. On it, there is a place for pets name, what service we did, total amount, place for tip and a section that says "your next appointment is". I get these copies each week and enter the info into my computer program. Also, if there were tips on credit card or check I can include it in their paycheck.

I bought a wireless credit card machine and I keep it in the van.

I send each groomer their schedule the night beofre this way they can use Mapquest to chart their route. The info I give them is:

Miller
    1234 Main Street
    Orlando, 54321
    Bichon- Gracy $65 FG, 2c A-O, bichon head.
    Lab- Raisin $70 B,N,E and de-shed.

Leave a comment:

• Mamabearwith2
    replied
    The school I attend (two weeks left!) does mobile and shop. The owner (instructor) schedules all appts and has a sheet with time and directions she gives to groomer. The mobile groomer must call her when she arrives and when she's done with each appt. This way, the owner knows how long each appt. will take. She also phones clients the day before to remind them. If there is a cancelation, she can place another appt in that place. Seems to work, but the only thing I wouldn't do is run all over town like they do.

Leave a comment:

• dodger
    replied
    Thanks!

So Gracie, Am I understanding that you and an employee take turns working in the mobile on the same route and clients. Just to keep things on the up and up, correct? Yes that is good. How do you run the books, just as in the shop? Was thinking of the wireless credit phone as well. Or they could be callled into the shop to run through, correct? One of the groomers lives in a different town and was hoping to expand into that town so that might end up being (her) territory. Clients would be used to her. Thanks for the imput. Hope I get more help as the questions arise.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi, it's me :-)

I suggest doing BOTH and sharing with another GROOMER :-) By, working in both (2 days in salon, 3 in mobile or whatever) you will KEEP your hand on everything and not be out of the loop. Also, YOU schedule the Mobile even for your employee and e-mail her the appointments. This way, if you know the day is FULL you don't have to worry about idle time in your van or unclaimed groomings which many owners have trouble with.

By allowing an employee to do both, it helps alleviate "burn-out". We all know groomers get "burn-out" this will help to change things up and keep them interested.

Also, by staying in both you will always know the clients and employees will feel as though you are always there. This will keep any employee from doing too much behind your back.

Here are some experiences I learned the HARD way:
    Hired a groomer for mobile- she was grooming dogs but not listing them on receipts. She was grooming her sisters dogs for free and driving the van to her house to rest for the day.
    So, I terminated her and began Mobile myself. The problem was NO ONE was at the salon to counter/check the groomer there. LONG STORY SHORT, I learned the hard way. You are the boss, be it for both!

Leave a comment:

• SpikeyTheYorkie
    replied
    You probably need to ask this in the general forums as well. Gracy Rose owns 2 shops and one mobile, she would be a good person to ask.

Tammy in Utah

Leave a comment:

• mustluvdogs1
    replied
    JeanyBeany does both

My friend Jeanne a member here, tho never posted, does both. She has no set days for mobile, just takes as it comes. I think she is at her shop most days. Today she called from her shop. Emergency. two, two week missing Visalas were in the middle of the busy street! She tried to get them to come, and was screaming, they're gonna get hit, call animal control so I did! Waiting to hear back from her. At least she has a place to put them if she can catch them.

Leave a comment:

• Meesh
    replied
    Been pondering that myself

I am pretty sure that if I ever do want to get any bigger than I am now I'd open a shop and run the mobile. I think I have gotten about as big as I am able to by myself -- there are only so many hours to the day after all -- and I don't think running a second van is the way to go. Somehow I think finding someone to manage your salon while you're grooming mobile is the answer.

I would have a bather/cleaner who would be responsible for helping clean the salon and the van.

I think I would try to buy a commercial property rather than rent so there'd be the real estate investment as well.

Anyway, with a kid about to enter college now isn't the time to do that, but the more I think about it the more I think it's a good way go in a few years for me. That would coincide with me needing to slow down due to getting OLD! LOL.

Leave a comment:

• hairdevil
    replied
    gracy rose does. I've been considering the same. I will run the mobile however, as I wouldn't put an employee in it! I would prefer mobile myself lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X