My Trip to Ryan's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Trip to Ryan's!

WOW!! I had so much fun! Kinda wish I didn't bring hubby, cause I wanted to poke around longer. He just wanted to get back on the road to get back home to CA. It took us 4 hours to get there and I got my tub and table. (YAY!!) It's like a Lowe's/Home Depot except they're stocked with all the toys that a groomer could want! I also got new blades, a snap comb set and my new purple K-9 II. The only thing I didn't like was the lady at the front desk who told me I'd have to surrender my purse before I went into the warehouse. I understand, but she just said, "purse please!" No explanation. I, of course, gripped my purse even tighter. I thought they were going to frisk me! Anyway, other than that, it was fun!!

Aw Wish I had known you were going.....

If you went today, I had the day off to install my new A/C. I would have ventured out to meet you had I known. I don't drive to Ryans much anymore. Yes, the lady at the front desk, heavy set with long acrylic nails can be a bit abrupt. I guess we pay for the dishonest folk...that is life these days. I don't think that dryer you got would have fit in your purse, hahaha.

Comment

I believe she's one of the owners. ;-) I was there two weeks ago picking up a table and tub, too!.......... okay, okay, I got a number of other things while I was there, like new beds for my dogs.lol For a groomer, that place is like being a kid in Santa's workshop, isn't it? :-)

Comment

Congrats on getting all your new goodies! Your hubby prob.wanted to go because he knew you would spend more money! lol

Comment

Where exactly is this Ryan's?

If I ever went to a store like that I'd be outta control!
          www.gomobileandsucceed.com
          http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Originally posted by wet noze View Post
            Where exactly is this Ryan's?

If I ever went to a store like that I'd be outta control!
            Ryan's is located in Phoenix, AZ
            1805 E. McDowell Rd

Fun place to go...

Comment

lmao! but thats what hubby's are there for...to CARRY all the stuff you buy! hahaha! Yeah hubby probably knew that if you where there any longer you'd be there ALL day and he was probably standing around like okay...COMEON ALREADY! LOL! i know my fiance' would be like that...YOU DONT NEED THAT! PUT IT BACK! COMEON LETS GO! while i stand there and poke around...but look dear..its PURPLE! or but i HAVE to HAVE these shears,comb attachments, dog beds whatever LOL!
              ah well...glad you had so much fun!
              Hound

Comment

Ryans'

Ryans' is a pet supply distributor same as Pet edge, tho pet edge would not agree. The wherehouse is in a not so nice, or safe part of Phoenix. It is a bit like Santas' workshop for groomers. There is a separate bldg where Gary is who fixes dryers and sharpens blades. Sometimes you can get 5 blades sharpened while you spend too much in the wherehouse area. I drive just so far on freeway, then North to Mc Dowell and then waaaaay down to 18th., It takes 50 min or more to get there, a few hours there, and another hr to get home. There is really no wholesale prices for groomers, as anyone can buy from them at the same prices. Need not be a groomer to enter, just give your purse to the gal behind the counter!

Comment

Ryan's

I live in Phoenix, about 30min from Ryan's and yes she is quite abrupt, but I think she is from back east. Being from there originally myself, I can tell you they often have a more coarse personality than west coasties. She always remembers and asks after my Mom (another abrupt east coast gal) lol!
                  You can also order from them online.

Comment

good for you!!! you are having such fun gettn your trailer together!! I'm happy for you!! you must post pics of this adventure soon as you get it ready!!! I, for one, can't wait to see it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi View Post
                      I live in Phoenix, about 30min from Ryan's and yes she is quite abrupt, but I think she is from back east. Being from there originally myself, I can tell you they often have a more coarse personality than west coasties. She always remembers and asks after my Mom (another abrupt east coast gal) lol!
                      You can also order from them online.
                      Hey now don't be dissin' us East Coasters! Some of us have feelings too!
                      Though if you're talking about drivers? Yeah, I'd agree.

Comment

Thanks All!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the lady behind the counter was abrupt. Maybe she has to be in their all day and see us groomers go in with a wild look in our eyes! LOL! I will definetely post pics of my trailer when it's all done. By the way, I'll be called.......... (drum roll, please)
                        Pets And The City Mobile Grooming Salon.

Comment

Ohh It sounds like fun.I would love to go there.Talk about a kid in a candy store.I know husbands are like that don't ever take them shopping.They rush you and get all frusterated.Maybe someday I will check it out if I travel that way.It's funny the other day my hubby went to a distributor store in Ca. for some blades for his sister.We gave them to her for a birthday present.He asked me if I needed anything shockingly I said no I'm fine.I know he was surprised by that.I even surprised myself.

Comment

My next trip will be WITHOUT hubby. He just wanted to get back on the road. Then, on the way home, there was a Sportsman's Warehouse and he acted like a little kid. "OOOooH look! I need to go in there!" I was driving and said, "sorry, we've gotta get back home." We always badger each other back and forth and it was fun. We didn't stop. But I did spend too much in Ryan's so a little part of me is glad I brought him.

Comment

ryans

I drove out to Ryan's about 2 months ago to buy all the stuff for my new shop. I had a bad experience there. After shopping for a couple of hours i go to the front to pay and end up spending an hour and a half just trying to get my bank to approve the purchase. While we were waiting she entered all the product we bought and they were putting all my big pallets of goodies on the truck. So finally after all that a 6 hour ride back home. The next day i unload and start putting my module cage set together and notice that there i have an entire set of cages missing, along with grills and my dryer hoses. So I'm sitting here with half a modular set, no hoses and no grills. I couldn't have known i was missing cages because they come in a million little boxes and i assumed they knew what they were doing. Go figure.

Can you believe that when i called them back they have the rocks to be rude to me and imply that I'm lying about my missing parts. Of course they wont straight out call me a lire so they decide just to charge me freight charges, even after i drove out there. I fought them on it until they agreed to send my product to me free of charge...guess what, two weeks later it arrives and they forgot half of my missing set and still no grills. So i had to wait for 2 separate delivery dates, i would say i drove down there for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X