3 Shih Tsu In the Tub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Shih Tsu In the Tub

Next week I am going to a new customer who has 3 shih tsu's. I will have all the dogs in the van with me. I was thinking of bathing them all at the same time and using the HV on them to blow off the excess water. Then wrap 2 in towels and finish drying one to groom. Then fluff and groom the other two. I thought this might save me time and be more efficient. Is this a good idea?
    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

I have done two this way and it worked out well, but when I tried it on three they got too restless waiting around. If you have a stand dryer, you can put them on the floor and aim the drying to them. Set up a towel on the floor for them to lay on, so they stay under the dryer. (Sometimes this works) Good Luck

Comment

yes

It works good for me,but I put a fan on the two in the tub on low speed. The two in the tub in towel wraps they will be pretty warm in the towels. If cool air and by that I mean it only takes a few degrees which moving air will do that job and that will help to suck out the dampness of the coats on the dogs in the tub who will be toasty and wet. The towel acts as a wick,the moving air just speed up the evaporative cycle by cooling the outside of the towel like an inside out glass of ice tea on a summer day. You'll have to be pretty quick on the last dog cause it will be almost dry when you get to it.Put a towel under them as well to sit on.Chip bag clips to hold the towels on so they do not unwrap.

Comment

Ruba dub dub,3 shih tzus in a tub.....

If you can get them safely to the van, you might save time. If you have a hydro surge type bathing system, it would save on shampoo and probably time too. Let us know how it works out. They can get underfoot. Sorry, I don't have a phyme for my title. Goldiflox or Hairdevil?

Comment

yes

I haven't ever done 3, but I have washed 2 before at once. I have taken one from the table to tub and used the extra time for soaking in shampoo as well, while I would do nails and ear cleaning on the other dog.

I have only done this with dogs that were good for bathing, like didn't jump excessively, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mustluvdogs1 View Post
            If you can get them safely to the van, you might save time. If you have a hydro surge type bathing system, it would save on shampoo and probably time too. Let us know how it works out. They can get underfoot. Sorry, I don't have a phyme for my title. Goldiflox or Hairdevil?

hehehe your funny...i'll have a tune for you tomorrow, ok

Comment

I bathe three yorkies at the same time. Most of my multiple dog households, I bath the dogs together (except large breeds). It not only saves time in the drying process but it saves you trips back and forth to the customer's house.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention. I usually leave the wet dogs in the tub while I am drying the other one. Then the clean dry dog goes in the tub (after I've wiped it dry and put a clean towel in the tub). I've learned not to let the dogs loose on the floor -- they are more prone to peeing and pooping in the van when they are loose on the floor.

Comment

Thank you everyone for all your ideas. This should be interesting!! I'll let ya know what happens! :0)
                  www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                  http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

this system works to help keep dogs calm.

Comment

I have a groomers 3rd arm and I blow the initial off all 3 then move one to the table and finish drying and put the dryer on low to the ones in the tub. Just have to spot dry when you move them to the table. BUT....Unless your floor is spotless and dry, you should have a small cage to put the clean ones in till you are all done.
                      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

ok, today I had a cairn and a yorkipoo. I was in a time crunch, so I decided to bath them together. I saved alot of time. Normally, I only usually do the little toy breeds together, but after I read this before I thought I would try it again. It does help.

Comment

Yesterday I had a Golden and a Sheltie in the van together. They are both very well behaved. The Sheltie goes in the tub, gets shampooed and left to soak. The Golden goes on the table and gets his feet done. Then rinse the Sheltie and towel wrap, put her on the table and put the Golden in the tub. My table lowers to the floor so I don't have to worry about the dogs falling off. Then I shampoo the Golden, and HV the Sheltie. Rinse the Golden, and towel wrap. Then finish drying the sheltie, scissor trim and she is done. Get Golden out of the tub, HV him, brush and scissor trim. One hour and twenty minutes and two dogs are done. I was worried because I had to be somewhere at 12 and I saw someone from the office go out for lunch. I thought I was really running late. When I left there after cleaning up I looked to see what time it was and it was only 11:30. I was actually early. I couldn't believe how quick I got those two done. They do get done every 4 weeks. I always just did one at a time before and it usually took me an hour and 40 minutes, so I saved 20 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                          X