you gotta be joking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you gotta be joking

Well, I know that we have all had some crazy inquiries to our service...if I get one more person asking me if I am a vet, I swear! ( it only says PET SPAW all over the van!) I had a lady today call me to take care of her cats ear mites!

Dare I get into the people that knock on the door while you are in there working....on a face....with sharp scissors...with a magnetic sign stuck to the outside of the van that states 'please don't knock'.....underneath a BIG phone # that says BY APPOINTMENT....

And last but not least, the client that cancells his 8 week appointment, because the dogs 'don't really need it right now' and is shocked when I can't get him back in for 10 weeks....whatever.

I don't understand people sometimes....

and here i thought we were the only ones geting requests for vaccs and nueters!

Comment

I'm not mobile, but we get people walking in all the time asking "how much to give the dog all its shots" or "can you neuter him while he's here?"

Some days it's so hard to hide the look on my face!

I think yesterday was my most bizarre phone call though:
      A lady asked if we carried hair dye for pets. I say "no". She asks me if we have anything that would "cover up scars" on a dog. Perplexed, I say no but ask what color the dog is. The dog is white. I mention that in my horse showing days, we used baby powder to make white hocks look whiter, maybe that would help. She says "oh no, the scars and wounds are much too big for that", and then hangs up. Weirdos!

Comment

When i worked for a private salon in Texas, I had a woman come in. It was early afternoon, but we were done for the day, we were just chilling out. A woman calls us on the phone and says that her dog is dying and she is going to be there in just a minute. We didnt have a chance to say anything, she hung up. She showed up a couple of minutes later, with her dog in a towel. The poor dog was barely hanging on to life, I have no idea what was happening. She kept telling us to do something. Asking us what she should do. You know we arent vets right!??! The owner of the salon ended up jumping in the car with her and they went to the vet together.

Comment

Ha ha yesterday I received a phone call and they asked if I would fix their cat! Pet Spa and Resort is not vet care.

Comment

Originally posted by SiotehCat View Post
            When i worked for a private salon in Texas, I had a woman come in. It was early afternoon, but we were done for the day, we were just chilling out. A woman calls us on the phone and says that her dog is dying and she is going to be there in just a minute. We didnt have a chance to say anything, she hung up. She showed up a couple of minutes later, with her dog in a towel. The poor dog was barely hanging on to life, I have no idea what was happening. She kept telling us to do something. Asking us what she should do. You know we arent vets right!??! The owner of the salon ended up jumping in the car with her and they went to the vet together.
            DONT LEAVE US HANGING!!! DID THE POOR DOGGIE DIE? WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM/HER? PLEASE TELL US.......IM BITING MY NAILS!!!!!!

Comment

No, the dog didnt die. I am not sure what it was that the dog had, but it wasnt even her dog. She found him that way. She ended up keeping him. This woman wasnt even a regular customer of ours. She had come to us once and bounced a check. When they came back from the vets office, she paid cash for the bounced check and whatever the fee is that the bank charges. Everytime we saw her after this she always reminded us of that time that we saved her dogs life.... Hah. Whatever.

Comment

someone asked me if i could declaw their cat. i said you me you want me to clip the toenails. no i want you to cut them off completely she says. i say, you know i'm not a vet, we can't do that here. you have to go to the vet. she says i can't afford that right now, can't you do it??!?

Comment

I just remembered we had a call from a lady not too long ago. She called to make an appointment for her puppy. The receptionist ran through the speal, and then told her we require proof of rabies. The lady said, can't you do it? The receptionist said....uh, no, we're not a vet. The lady said...what's a vet?

What?!!? She sure sounded sincere, but I still wonder if it was a practical joke...can anyone be that clueless?
                  Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

LOL,when you have been grooming as long as I have you have about seen and heard it all! I have been asked a few times to do a post mortum groom.Well I am sure you all know the answer to that one! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken View Post
                      I'm not mobile, but we get people walking in all the time asking "can you neuter him while he's here?"
                      "Sure, but you'll have to rush him to the vet right after."

Tammy in Utah
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Wow!

Originally posted by Doggone View Post
                        LOL,when you have been grooming as long as I have you have about seen and heard it all! I have been asked a few times to do a post mortum groom.Well I am sure you all know the answer to that one! lol
                        Really?! 22 years, I haven't ever gotten that one!

Comment

being mobile

I get this every once in a while
                          "do you come to the home?"

Comment

Originally posted by RoosMom View Post
                            Really?! 22 years, I haven't ever gotten that one!
                            I sure have, twice as a matter of fact. It's not the kind of thing a person forgets.lol

Comment

I carry about magnets and business cards that were sent to me by a reputable 24 hour vet. I just give there numbers out when people call me about vet questions.
                              People don't listen also. In my voice mail I cleary state (as clearly as I can that is) that because I am mobile I may not be able to return their call today and I will try to return their call the following day. They don't hear that part and then when I call them later that same day or the next day they get puffy and sometimes they say 'well I didn't think you were still in business anymore because you didn't return my call.' I remind them that that is why my voice mail says what it says. My other fav is when they call very early like 6am or something and I return their call after the day is done and it might be 6pm they say 'well I called you a few days ago....' and I remind them no, you left a message at 6am today, it probably seems like a few days ago. Then they add they found someone else.
                              I had someone call me from over a hundred miles away and wanted to know if I could go out there. I told them my radius was within such and such miles. They hung up on me. Nice.
                              You get them all.

Comment

Working...
                              X