Whee to you fill up your water tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whee to you fill up your water tank

I am still going back and forth as to whether to start a mobile or an actual spa. I was wondering if any of you mobiles lived in an apartment and if so where do you fill up your water tank and what kind of routine cleaning it needs and how you perform that?

Thanks
    Lori
    Last edited by DAPER DAWG; 04-25-07, 07:52 AM.

As far as filling your tank up when you live in an apartment I guess you could hook up a water hose to your kitchen sink. About the cleaning you have to clean it out every day or it will start to smell. I went mobile in december and I am so happy with my decision. Busisness is really starting to pick up also. Good luck.

Comment

Daper,

since you are in an apartment it might be wise to try to find a heated storage space (to prevent freezing if it is an issue) where you can park at night that has fresh water acess and a place to dump grey water.

Comment

Hi, I have Mobile and a Salon. Mobile is much easier and you will turn a profit quicker :-) I always joke to my hubby that if I had known them what I know now I would have gone Mobile a looooonnnnng time ago :-)

More profit quicker, no employees (jj, I love my employees).

Comment

Did most of you buy a new mobile van and what are the usual payments per month? Of course I like the big winnebago style from waggin tails cause I can't make anything simple.

Comment

I built my own. I looked at some of the conversion companies but for what they want I could buy real estate.

Comment

Thee's a mobile around here who lives in an apartment. She got a thing that lets her tap fire hydrants for water. It's a meter, she paid a deposit or outright for the meter and gets billed for any water she uses. As it turened out she is able to fill at her apartment anyway. She stores the van at a storage facility that has power over night for her ceramic heaters. It cuts out a few hours earlier than she starts, but she sets the furnace to kick on if things get below 50 in the van. As far as I know she has not had any problems.

Comment

Most apt. buildings will have a spigot outside of each building if not they are in the laundry room. When I started I lived in an apt. I just asked the manager if it was ok to fill up there.

Comment

When i lived in a condo in San Diego, I just went to a HOA meeting and asked to use the water. Since i wanted to make sure everyone knew I was on the up and up I paid an extra $10/mth so there would be no accusations of taking something for nothing. You could do the same for you apt. complex.

Comment

i live in an apt. i'm not allowed to use the faucet. so i just plan on where i can fill at a clients house and do it that way. most people offer it, and are more than happy to let you borrow the hose.

i don't need to worry about freezing where i live. you need a van? mine's for sale

Comment

Oh my I had forgotten how much $$$$$$ they want for those grooming vehicles at wagin tails. For some reason I was thinking they were a lot less than they are. I'm not looking for one now it was just another thought instead of a whole salon/spa but right now my start up for a salon would be cheaper. I gotta keep checking out the numbers $$$. scary.

Comment

Gas stations

I use gas stations to refill my water. I am very loyal to those who have free water faucets as well. I always fill my gas tank at the same time. I have not had any objections yet. That is another thought.
                        Michael

Comment

Working...
                        X