Pros and Cons of adding more vans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pros and Cons of adding more vans

I am considering an additional van, and I am curious to know what some of the pros and cons are about it. I am wondering if it is even worth it? I am very busy, and can't help thinking about it. When I had a salon, it was very hard to find good help, and I offered more than what most other salons were paying. Does the same ring true with mobile? I am not greedy, and I have the waiting list, etc., I would love some input on this from both sides....

I think it's a chance just like hiring someone for a shop. I think that as long as your employees follow your protocol and you charge enough, and have a smooth system (ie, appt scheduling, cleaning scheduling, etc) you can do great! I am curious to see what Gracy has to say about this??

Comment

Well, I think it is a good idea. If you run a successful business and are detailed organized it can work.

Let's look at it...

CONS-
      1. Have to find someone to continue your quality
      2. Liability of someone else in a company vehicle
      3. Find a trustworthy person can sometimes be hard.
      4. Getting clients used to someone new.

PROS-
      1. More money
      2. Building a Company name
      3. Being able to service more people more rapidly
      4. If one vehicle breaks down you can use the other and work in two shifts.

My suggestions on how to go about doing this...
      1.Hire a Mobile Grooming Assistant
      2. Have her/him ride along with you for awhile and get to know them as a person and as a groomer.
      3. Let them interact with clients
      4. After sometime: Give her/him 1 or 2 days per week to groom alone.
      5. Buy a second van and transition them over.

Things to think about-
      1. Who will do the scheduling?
      2. Who does the cleaning?
      3. Who fills with gas?
      4. How will you pay?

Now:-) My thoughts and why...
      1. You do the scheduling, this way the clients are maintained as your businesses property. This will also prevent idle time in your vehicle.
      2. Who grooms is who cleans
      3. YOU either fill with gas or buy a gas card to be used.
      4. Pay commission as an employee.

Please feel free to ask me anything else :-)

Comment

This is exactly what I have been looking for! I have pondered many of these thoughts, and I have considered the whole assistant thing...
        How do you go about working in the van with 2 people? It's already pretty cramped with one.
        If you have many one pet households, how do you occupy 2 people at once?

Comment

Originally posted by SIDELLE77 View Post
          This is exactly what I have been looking for! I have pondered many of these thoughts, and I have considered the whole assistant thing...
          How do you go about working in the van with 2 people? It's already pretty cramped with one.
          If you have many one pet households, how do you occupy 2 people at once?
          It depends on your size van :-) Mine is set for 3 (how 3 would fit, Is strange to me).

Comment

Working...
          X