opinions on Ambers, GT, Hanvey trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on Ambers, GT, Hanvey trailers

I have narrowed to these 3 trailers as possibilities to buy. The problem is I live in FL and Ambers and GT has never sold to anyone in FL. My only choice is to wait for the Vegas show or fly to CA to see Ambers. Fly to Denver to see GT or drive to NC-alot closer and more feasible to see Hanvey. Has anyone else been in this position and what is the best thing to do? Anyone have help for me to rule out any of these or really love one of these?

Thanks

I have found pros and cons with all of them. Im more confused than ever, so Im just sittn back waiting for them to correct all their mistakes! give it time..you'll see big changes shortly Im sure!!
    Last edited by hairdevil; 04-22-07, 08:29 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi Paws,

I bought my trailer from Ambers in December 2006. I had checked out vans and other trailers. I met Amber and saw her trailer at the Vegas 2006 show and feel in love with the trailer. Since I live in California I took my brother (rig mechanic) and my husband (had the money!!) out to see Ambers trailers. My brother who is pretty picky said the design, equiptment and safety of Ambers was outstanding. I then purchased a trailer and have never been happier. Love it and I can't tell you how many compliments I have had on it. Jeff and Amber are not only nice people but go out of their way to answer questions and both have outstanding customer service skills.

There is not one thing I would have done differently and no regrets.

Good Luck to you

Comment

I've seen all three trailers and while I've not had the pleasure of speaking to the folks at Amber's or Gryphon, I do live close to Hanvey's facility here in South Carolina and have seen their trailers from start to finish. Of the three I prefer the Hanvey but I know Curtis and Lorraine and I have been dealing with them for years now. The customer service is excellent, Curtis is a degreed Engineer and really strives to make the trailer the way YOU want it. I like the fact that I could, if I wanted to, hose their trailer out. I also like the fact that it is very user friendly and their customer service is out of this world! I have an Ultimate van and Curtis has helped me with my van on his dime and not charged me for his help and advice. I just really like their service and will go with a Hanvey when I have the $$$ saved for one. It is just my personal preference

Comment

thanks for your comments. Hasn't anyone bought from GT?? Any other owners of these 3?
          Thanks for your help!

Comment

Hi, I own a Hanvey Van, and am looking into adding more units. I researched, visited and checked out other groomers trailers. Of the trailers I preferred Hanvey although I did decide to add Vans not trailers after all of my research.

Comment

Paws0120

I think it would not hurt to check them all out ,ask more questions. Gets pretty hot down there.What a fantastic feeling when the sun is so intense it stings and the sweat just pours off your skin so fast you look like your leaking.Ahhhhh nothing beats an italian sub and a bear for lunch on the beach in a bark-a-lounger made of sand.
              The exact perfect temperature is when the lenses in a pair of glasses make that crack sound when they expand from the heat. Kind of like one of those pop up timers on a chicken.

Comment

I own a GT Trailer and LOVE it. Have had NO problems at all. The owners of GT are great and you won't be disappointed. Just today I stopped off at the grocery store to pick groceries for dinner and a grooming shop owner had her truck parked next my vehicle to waiting for the owner to come out to find out where the trailer came from- she wants one like it- wants to go mobile...when she moves to another town in this state(Nevada)

Comment

You will be able to see Gryphon in S.C. I have a Gryphon and I love it.
                  If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Originally posted by diamienono View Post
                    You will be able to see Gryphon in S.C. I have a Gryphon and I love it.

Where in SC? Will they be at the NDGAA show in Charlotte, NC in June? I still think when the time comes I'll go with a Hanvey-I just like them

Comment

yeah sorry, N.C.
                      If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

H0

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hmm strange old thread. Today it seems like Gomobile conversions and Wag'n Tails and some others have held up well. My friend has a tag along and is happy. I love mobile, I just drive terrible. Never hear much about hanvey here but they are in the ads. I just look at those ads and say if only.

Comment

I am brand new to the industry and making a mid life career change. I am about halfway through grooming school and will be going mobile immediately thereafter. My question is similar to Paws0120's initial question and am looking for as much feedback as possible. Since I cannot afford a van, I am going with a trailer. I actually decided on GT, but then learned of Amber's. Although I have not heard anything specifically negative about GT, on a couple forums there were individuals who did not want to discuss their experience at all. Seemed more like a personal issue. Just so we are clear, some people confuse Gryphon with GT, they have no affiliation. GT is out of Colorado. Let me start by saying that I have been in consistent contact with GT's owner and he has been fantastic answering any & all questions. Any info about Amber's & GT , positive or negative, would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Both of those have good reputations from what I have read here for a long time. My friend is happy with her https://mobilegroomingtrailersforsale.com/ too. Wag'n Tails makes upscale trailers, and Ambers are upscale salons on wheels. High quality but not priced like GT, Tag Along and Gryphon.

GoMobile conversions is just vans from what I know.

Comment

Working...
                              X