Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Dryers?

Hi All,

I'm moving this question over to the "experienced groomers" area for some old timers help!

Just wondering about my Air Express III dryer that I love dearly but actually has TOO MUCH power, certainly for face work. I found out that it uses the same motors as the Double K 850 and each motor has it's own rocker switch, but it's still super powerful on even one motor.

Anyway to the point, it's too powerful for face work and doesn't have a variable speed control to turn it down for the face. Should I just get an additional dryer for face work, or trade it in for the 850 that has the variable speed control? Thanks for any help.

ThomCat

buy the extra, I think.

Hey Thom Cat.
    I'm assuming that you are mobile and don't have the time to let their faces dry stress free in a cage. I'm not as seasoned as some of the wonderful groomers at this site but I have been at it for 6yrs.
    If you can't seem to back off or find an angle with your dryer and still effectively do the face work, I would go ahead and buy the extra dryer. Yeah, its more money, but you'll earn that back and you will still have the Air Express in your arsenal when you need that power and additionlly you'll have an alternative in the future when you need less pressure for face work.

Comment

I think that it's a good idea to have a back up dryer anyway in case something happens. Sooo, I would say buy another dryer!
      Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Hi Thomcat, can you take the nozzle off of your dryer? That is what I usually do for faces. Also both Hanvey and Scissorman have variable speed devices that they use for their products. I bought one from one of them, I forget which one. You could plug your dryer into one of them, then you have a variable speed dryer.

Comment

What Misty said

I have 4 dryers, but I only use 2. You can never have too much back up equipment.

Comment

I often use the small pet edge

$21 dollar little on table stand dryer for faces. They don't object. So many dogs in some busy shops have been blasted by big H V's that they freak out more than just the usual freak out of many. Actually I use the little dryer all the way on my little dogs, even though I have the Hanvey variable speed vac/dryer system. I advertise gentle grooming.
            Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I take the concentrator nozzle off my HV when doing faces, and if that is too much still, than I use a hand held dryer that I bought from petedge. I don't think I've ever had any dog get upset over the handheld one. The one I have is the cheepie from top performance. It's held up well, surprisingly. But there is also the hand held from Andis.

Comment

Well, I've got 3 stand dryers and 4 HVs.lol I use an HV to take off most of the water, and I finish all of my dogs, except the really big guys, with a stand dryer. I've seen old dogs and small dogs that just can't deal with the HV at all, and I never use it on faces, anyhow. I HAVE to fluff dry my dogs. I think it makes a big difference in the end result, but that's just me. :-)

Comment

I agree, I have a Kool Dry veriable speed, but I still like the finish I get with a stand dryer...and yes I'm mobile. Nothing finishes a face quite like a fluff dry and a tiny bit of heat...maybe it's just too many white fluffy dogs!

Comment

Originally posted by azoci View Post
                    I agree, I have a Kool Dry veriable speed, but I still like the finish I get with a stand dryer...and yes I'm mobile. Nothing finishes a face quite like a fluff dry and a tiny bit of heat...maybe it's just too many white fluffy dogs!

LOL........ I don't know, I do tons of terriers, and I use it on them, as well as the little curly-haired creatures. I think it's an 'old school' habit that works well that I don't want give up. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X