This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone cater to kennels?

Well, Ive made it this far. Tomorrow we leave to get the trailer. Have to meet the guy a couple states away to get it. I found it on petgroomer.com
    Not a name brand one, a conversion trailer, but with good stuff in it. k9 2 drier, edemco hydraulic table and tub, bathing system, etc. I was so excited the other day I got my first housecall. I figured Id start somewhere and had a groomer friend thats so busy and has been dying for me to get something together, so she referred me to a lady that had two yorkies. She calls and I was so excited I didnt know what to do, I called her back and I said well I could do them today, hoping like later on in the afternoon so I could get everything that I needed to gether and shes like well could you be here in a half hour or so and be done in a couple of hours? I was like uh, okay, sure, (gulp!) So I race over there with my boyfriend who bathes them for me, dries them and then holds them while I groom them. And we got them done in 2 and a half hours and she was so happy with them she wants me to come back when I get my mobile. So my first customer !
    Anyways, when we went to drop our two dogs off that we are boarding at the kennel, I asked the lady there if she is looking for grooming services and she said yes, my question is, do any of you mobile groomers do kennel services? and what do you charge?. Thanks for any input..

kennels...

When I first started, I was able to "fill in" when the one or two groomers/bathers who worked at a local kennel were too busy, or on vacation. But it was only on a fill-in basis. They never knew which dogs' owners wanted them to be groomed, or when they could do it.

So the short answer is not really - it has not been a steady nor lucrative part of my business.

Comment

Clipping Kennels

I cater to kennels in southeastern Oklahoma. I charge $7 per dog for strip downs including ear hair and nails. No baths or medications etc.

Looking for a good sharpener.

Sandra

Comment

I hate to say it, Kennel Clipz, but you're selling yourself too short. Not to mention, the whole grooming industry. You need to let these kennel owners know that grooming is a profession and you need to be paid as a professional. $7.00 per dog is waaaaay too cheap!! Also, it sounds like you're working on dogs that need to be stripped?! Even more $$$ if they've gone past the point of a regular groom. JMO, but I'm sure others on this site will agree.

Comment

Selling myself short

Originally posted by Mamabearwith2 View Post
          I hate to say it, Kennel Clipz, but you're selling yourself too short. Not to mention, the whole grooming industry. You need to let these kennel owners know that grooming is a profession and you need to be paid as a professional. $7.00 per dog is waaaaay too cheap!! Also, it sounds like you're working on dogs that need to be stripped?! Even more $$$ if they've gone past the point of a regular groom. JMO, but I'm sure others on this site will agree.

I clip kennels of 200 dogs or more matted to the bone and have been told that $7 is the going rate. There is one lady doing them for $6 each.
          I will post the url to my website (not advertising) for a link to a picture of what I clip go to sandyscreations.googlepages.com and click on FEES. At the bottom of the page there is a picture.

Does anyone know how I can find out what other clippers in this area are charging? I can't seem to locate anyone else.

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Sounds like you cater to puppy mills to me. Most people on this site who cater to kennels mean that they cater to boarding facilities where pet owners board their dogs.

Comment

I would have nightmares if I went into a place like that! I would love to bust everyone of these places...undercover cams...then newspaper, front page!

Comment

Originally posted by Kennel Clippz View Post
                I clip kennels of 200 dogs or more matted to the bone and have been told that $7 is the going rate. There is one lady doing them for $6 each.
                I will post the url to my website (not advertising) for a link to a picture of what I clip go to sandyscreations.googlepages.com and click on FEES. At the bottom of the page there is a picture.

Does anyone know how I can find out what other clippers in this area are charging? I can't seem to locate anyone else.

Thanks for the advice.
                Thank God you can't find anyone else who does this! I'm sorry, Kennel Clipz, but shame on you for calling yourself a groomer. You're an accomplice in supporting these people continue what they do. I know you're getting bashed here, but 200 or more dogs in one kennel cannot be healthy for these dogs. That poor dog in the picture! Frankly, I don't see an improvement from the "before" picture to the "after." Any kennel that would let it's dogs get this bad do not take these dogs best interest into account.

Comment

Working...
                X