Business inspector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business inspector?

has anyone ever had a business inspector look at or want to look at the grooming rig?

no, but I thought some states have do have some inspections. I've heard from others on here.

I'd be interested to see if anyone else has.

Comment

in ct. the dep't of agriculture will do an inspection before startup and could do yearly if they wanted.
      Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
      "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

We get inspected by the Dept of Ag every 6 months for the boarding animals.

Comment

question

Originally posted by workingchihuahua View Post
          in ct. the dep't of agriculture will do an inspection before startup and could do yearly if they wanted.
          What do the inspetors look for during inspection?

Comment

whether mobile or shop.1. what disinfectant are you using on tools and facility is probably most important to them. 2. water supply. 3. electricity/ gen/invertor working 4. they want to see your equipment. 5. proper lighting
            6.when they come back for the next year they are checking for cleanliness.
            i was inspected year 1 and year 2, but have not been since. i don't know if it is because they are short staffed, don't bother if they think you are clean, don't bother if they don't get complaints.
            "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Inspector

When you start your mobile business are you to call and let them know?

Comment

My home shop is a separate building on our property, and my inspector checked the building and grounds. He asked about waste disposal, pest control, climate control, about a fire extinguisher, cleaning, disinfecting. He asked about record keeping--wanted me to be able to produce a list of dogs I'd accomodated any given day and wanted addresses of owners. That's all that comes to mind.

He's from the State Dept. of Agriculture. I don't mind him coming--I pass inspection-- which gives me a sense of security and legitimacy. I'm not crazy about giving him my annual license dues though.

Comment

i am assuming you are in ct. yes, you do. there is an annual $100 fee paid to the department of agriculture. they will insist on inspecting the vehicle BEFORE you begin operation. there is also a place on the initial application that your local zoning office needs to sign.

Comment

Working...
                  X