add on's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add on's

How many of you charge for matted fee's and agression fee's? I just booked a new one with both problems. I have a fee for both. Never had to deal with both at the same time. The lady is well aware of my fees and did not even ask how much. She said the dog has not been done in 8 months and it is a cockapoo. Last time the vet had to knock it out to do it. I said I would give it a try. Thank god for the GH! Should I hit her with both fee's?
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

I think you will have your answer for that after you groom it!! if you can!! good luck and let us know how it went!! you're brave! LOL

Comment

Heck yeah. The dog would cost more too since it hadn't been groomed in eight months.

Comment

the dog may not be as bad as you think. vets ( in my area, i do not want to offend anyone)are real quick to knock out a dog if it is a the slightest bit unruly. i have done a number of those dogs and cats, who with a firm hand were no problem. som etimes in a vet office, when the dog squirms, they have 4 techs come in and then the dog is so overwhelmed it becomes uncontrollable. make sure the customer fully understands your pricing and make sure you are compensated for your time.
        Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
        "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

IF you can get it done, price accordingly, depending on how much of a monkey he was. If that means both charges, so be it. Remember, she'll still be getting a better deal than if the dog had to be sedated and groomed at the vets!

Comment

I charge by time- so every little thing adds to my time and their cost.

Comment

I'd charge for both. When we quote a price we give a range...say for example 17-35 dollars for full service (obviously not real price, lol). We give the range so we can take into account size of dog, haircut style, and difficulty. Then on top of it we charge an hourly dematting fee. So, yeah, long story short, charge for both!
              Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

i think an hourly 'added fee' can really help in these situation.

Comment

I would just let her know that both fees may be applicable depending on how long it takes and how she acts and charge accordingly. Like another poster mentioned you may get through her w/little problem. I have also groomed several that were kicked out of other shops or sedated at the vets for previous groomes and had little difficulty w/them. I think they sometimes just connect and behave differently for different groomers, or are just overwhelmed by having too many hands on them at one time and react to that (who can blame them!). Let us know how it goes for you....take before/after picts if you think of it.
                  SheilaB from SC

Comment

I'm hoping in your van, without the stress of a shop or vet, that dog will do better. I've seen that happen. And, if you do keep on grooming the dog, he/she will improve over time.

I would charge extra. When you are done, you will have a fair price in mind considering how long it took you and the behavior of the dog.

Just don't let your guard down for a second. You don't need that dog to turn around and zing you. Don't hesistate to put a muzzle on the dog. Sounds unpredictable.
                    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Unruly dog

We groomed a dog the other day, Med sized older terripoo. The owner walked me all the way to the van telling me that he would bite on his feet and the last groomer couldn't do his face. Anyway my partner steadied him while I worked on him. I do mean steadied and not restrained. His biggest problem was arthritis and with noone pulling andtugging on him he was calm as could be. I did suggest that she not repeat the experience with the groomer who set him off LOL I could tell that he wasn,t a nice person.

Comment

I have two H2H (Hard to Handle) fees: $10 or $20 added on to the price of the groom. If it is worth more than $20, then the dog gets knocked out by the vet, and then I groom it.

I also charge for de-matting, but I charge an hourly amount divided by the time it took me to do it---but this dog sounds like 8 months of messy hair will probably end up being a shavedown.

If the dog is old, Diamie, don't do the de-matting at all, it's the owner's fault for not getting the dog groomed sooner, and it's probably the owner's fault the dog acts that way in the first place, from not being groomed frequently enough.

Tammy in Utah
                        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I've run across this too. The answer is YES!!! Plus, like you said she didn't even ask and is aware of your pricing.

Comment

Working...
                          X